Flowers

opinions needed on flower choice

Hi! I have picked out what i want for my bouquet, but i am having a hard time deciding on the other flowers.
My bouquet will be roses, orchids, callas, and sweet peas (all in shades of purple).
I was thinking of having my groom's and our fathers and g. fathers bouts being a single calla, and the corsages for our mothers and g. mothers being an orchid. (We are not having a bridal party)
For our reception I was thinking of having small vases with roses on our dinner tables.
I don't know the ettiquitte, for bouts and corsages.. 
Do you think my selections are ok? Or should I have everyone with orchids or callas? Help help.

Re: opinions needed on flower choice

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that your selections sounds great.  When you say you are having calla lilies, you mean miniature, right?  If not then you should to orchids for the guys too.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jaadeeyezjaadeeyez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes i meant the mini callas,
     Thank you for your opinion jagore08 :)
  • racheladineracheladine member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds gorgeous, GO FOR IT!
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I know, there is no specific "rule" on what kind of flower the bouts and corsages need to be, so your choices sound great, very lovely.

I love orchid corsages, they are much lighter weight and easier to pin, and keep on.  That's a plus when wearing delicate dressy clothes.
  • jaadeeyezjaadeeyez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies :)  yall all have been helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards