Connecticut

I'm Married & Reviews & PIP

I had an amazing wedding day! Can't believe I am married :) It rained and the ceremony/cocktail hour were moved inside, but I didn't even care! My reviews and non-professional pics are included (professional ones are too big!).

Anthony's Ocean View A+ - We got married on a Sunday and got their special Sunday prices.  We had an amazing wedding at a much reduced price! Everyone raved about the view, the food, the service, etc.  They do have up to 3 weddings going on at a time, 2x a day (this was the case on our day, even though it was Sunday), but these people know what they are doing and I would have never noticed if I didn' t know this was the case!  I really can't come up with one negative thing to say about Anthonys!

The Beauty Bar A+- Adriana stepped in about 2 weeks before my wedding to do my make-up due to an emergency on the part of my booked MUA.  She did a phenomenal job! Everyone told me how awesome my make-up looked! I did the airbrushing and it really did last all day (it was super humid too and I wasn't very oily, only blotted once!).

Blossoming Blessings A+- Rose did a fabulous job with my flowers at a really good price.  She came in way under budget on flowers and I had a really small budget! She was so flexible and was willing to make changes the week before when the chuppah came out differently than we thought it would.  She was also flexible with set-up when the weather was unsure.  Plus, she made an extra centerpiece for the chuppah table with her left over flowers.

Chuck May Photography A+- Chuck delivered exactly what he promised... full day coverage of our wedding with amazing photos.  He offers a photojournalistic style of his photos, so there are not any special effects, but this is exactly what we wanted! We have had many compliments on our photos! I got the DVD with my photos back in about a week! His prices are also unbelievable... I know peole who spent 4x as much on photos!

Celebration Entertainment A+- DJ Tommy and Kevin were awesome at our wedding.  We had a Sunday day wedding, but they still kept the dance floor packed! They really know how to work a crowd.

Glenn Andrews (Video)- I don't have the video back yet, but he posted some still shots on my photo share site, and the pictures were amazing.  I will follow up when the video is in! I can't wait to see it.

Petinitos Bakery A+- We had two places to chose from that were included in our package.... Our cake was amazing! It looked exactly like the model and was delicious!

Quality Inn East Haven B+- I was a little worried about the hotel, because it was a quality inn, so my expectations weren't too high.  The rooms were decent, especially mine, the "suite".  Tom, the manager, was really easy to work with, just make sure you reconfirm your plans (he originally had the shuttle booked for the wrong day for our wedding). The "hot" breakfast was terrible.  The eggs were microwaved and rubbery.  It is basically a continental breakfast with some microwaved eggs and sausage.  The free shuttle (with 20 rooms) was the main reason we booked with the quality inn... our guests really utilized this and therefore we had no drunk drivers.  Since we live out of state, this was really important to us.  I would still reuse the quality inn for a wedding at Anthony's, but I am glad my expectations were not super high!

Hope these reviews help :) I booked a lot of smaller, less well known vendors, so I was a little worried, but I used their reviews as a guide and was so happy! The day really was better than I could have ever hoped for!

Re: I'm Married & Reviews & PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards