North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Need Great Non-Denominational Officiant! Help??

Hi Ladies,
Planning an outdoor wedding in Raleigh for August of next year. We both live in NYC, and dont know anyone in the area anymore! Anyone know of a great person to perform a short ceremony? Also, what it the avg cost..
Thanks!
-anne

Re: Need Great Non-Denominational Officiant! Help??

• edited December 2011
    Sorry, wish I could help -- post on the NC board if you can.  I don't think there are many brides that actively check this board.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    http://www.ncbridebio.com/search/label/Officiants

rates really vary and it all depends on what you're wanting.
    I know when we were looking at officiants we were qouted 300 or so for JUST the short ceremony and if we wanted her to come to the rehearsal, it was going to cost an extra 100.  That wasn't really in the budget for us. so DH's aunt married us (she was ordained before and acknowledged in NC)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Rev. Barbara Lodge... She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!!!

She is doing our non-dominational ceremony next June. Loved her the moment I met her.
  • edited December 2011
    Rev. Kaylily is really well respected by a lot of the premier vendors arougn here. We are getting married in the Catholic Church, but I have been to wedding's she's done and they are great. 
    here's a link to some of her reviews:
    http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/rev-kayelily-middleton
  • edited December 2011
    I am a minister in the United Church of Christ..we are a very liberal denomination and I am open to doing weddings for anyone of any denomination or faith belief.  I live in Burlington but would be willing to come to Raleigh.  You can contact me hammill.sharon @gmail.com. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We have Rev. Kayelily Middleton.  She was recommended by a coworker. We chose her before we went to their wedding.  We started working on our ceremony right away.  Then we went to their wedding.... it was beautiful.  Simple, light, but still very romantic.  I would highly recommend her.
  • dunes2010dunes2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Unitarian Universalist ministers in the area (UU-Raleigh, ERUUF, UU-Chapel Hill).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards