Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: Etsy is getting rid of Alchemy on Feb 3!!!

• edited December 2011
    Oh No!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Worst idea ever
  • edited December 2011
    Uh oh, spaghetti O's. 
  • edited December 2011
    But... But.... I didn't get my cake topper. Or invites. Noooooooo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's too bad.

It's not the end of the world though--I didn't even know about that feature when I was planning and I still managed to find plenty.

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_etsy-getting-rid-of-alchemy-feb-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8ca7d3d0-bbec-48c1-8db1-a1490b8bd82fPost:b458e7ae-97a4-497c-965c-90913a9c07bb">Re: Etsy is getting rid of Alchemy on Feb 3!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]But... But.... I didn't get my cake topper. Or invites. Noooooooo!
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

HURRY!  You can still put in a request!
  • angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like they're going to reintroduce a new version sometime in the future though... so don't give up hope, all you Alchemy Addicts out there!!
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Boooooo!! I was just telling my mom about alchemy to have custom jewelry made based on a style that she had in mind. I guess I better tell her to get on it or she'll miss out and have to pay full price!!! Thanks for letting us know!
  • edited December 2011
    Pretty sure I put one in for a cake topper a couple months ago but then forgot about it. Oh well. Invites are a whole other story. Cannot. Find. Invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • edited December 2011
    Its a good thing I just did one for my veil! Now I'm crossing my fingers hoping it looks like I want it too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What about my hair flower... :(
  • edited December 2011
    It's not the same, but a lot of sellers will do custom work if you message them.  For my veil, I just found a couple people whose work I liked and then got quotes from them for a custom veil. 
  • edited December 2011
    You can still get custom work done by contacting a seller directly, but that's such a hassle and then you can't compare different sellers! Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_etsy-getting-rid-of-alchemy-feb-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8ca7d3d0-bbec-48c1-8db1-a1490b8bd82fPost:e51c98c9-9538-446c-87f4-1ed1e28e60be">Re: Etsy is getting rid of Alchemy on Feb 3!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can still get custom work done by contacting a seller directly, but that's such a hassle and then you can't compare different sellers! Ugh.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

I didn't know any other way when I was planning!  I just did my research and I was happy with everything.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only just begun.....
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Steph.

I put in a few Alchemy requests but never was happy with the responses I got.  I ended up finding a seller that I liked and emailed them with my request.  If I was ordering multiple items, I just asked if they offered a quantity discount and most of them did.

• MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_etsy-getting-rid-of-alchemy-feb-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8ca7d3d0-bbec-48c1-8db1-a1490b8bd82fPost:d7c1724e-d348-4c8c-91c2-a91f92fd48fa">Re: Etsy is getting rid of Alchemy on Feb 3!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only just begun.....
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]
    THIS!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards