Hawaii

What made the cut?- Where we will be going and what we will be doing on Maui, Hawaii & Oahu

Ladies, thank you so much for all of your suggestions.  They really added to the list we already had and helped round out our trip.  If you have any other suggestions or want to know more about anything that we found, please let me know. 

Maui

Banyan Tree

Lahaina self-guided walking tour

Mai Tai Lounge

Maui Brewing Company

Road to Hana

Swim at Oheo Gulch and hike Waimoku Falls trail 

Waianapanapa State Park for black sand beach, stone arch & blowholes

Keanae Peninsula for old Hawaiian village

Coconut Glen’s Big Dumb Coconut Stand

Maui Tacos

Alexsander & Baldwin Sugar Museum

Da Kitchen

Tasaka Guri Guri

Mama’s Fish House- This is where we are getting married at and having our lunch time reception.  We will also be staying at their Inn for a couple days leading up to and after the wedding.

Iao Valley

Baldwin Beach

Jawz

Pride of Maui sunset dinner cruise

Southshore Tiki Lounge

Moana Café

Fresh Mint

Old Lahaina Luau- We are going here the night of our wedding.  Even though we are getting married in the morning and having a lunch time reception we knew we’d still want to have a fun time at night.  Paia doesn’t offer much nightlife, so we thought going to the luau would be our best route.

Charley’s

Sunrise at Haleakala Crater

Haleakala National Park

Wine tasting at Tedeschi vineyard

Garden of Eden

Makena Beach

Snorkeling at Molokini

Local Boys

Stella Blues

Big Island

Puuhonua Historic State Park

Don the Beachcomber

Seahorse Tour  at The Ocean Rider aqua-farm

Mountain Thunder Coffee tour

Lotus Cafe 

Manta Ray Night dive

Blue Hawaiian Circle of Fire plus Waterfalls Helicopter Tour

Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Tour

Hilo Famers Market

Nori’s Saimin and Snacks

Kaumana Cave

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

Punaluu Beach

Kona Brewing Company

Hawaiian Style Café

Tex Drive In

King Kamehameha statue

Lapakahi State Historical Park

Oahu

Diamond Head

Tiki’s Bar and Grill

La Mariana

Swap meet

Surf lessons

Eggs n’ Things

Boots & Kimo’s

Outrigger ride

Polynesian Cultural Center

Top of Waikki

North Shore

*Of course, there will be lots of snorkeling at all of the beaches we will be going to.*

Re: What made the cut?- Where we will be going and what we will be doing on Maui, Hawaii & Oahu

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great list, I'm going to copy it for our Oahu hop! 

On a side note - if you go to Big Beach in Makena, be very careful.  My FI and I went in the water there attempting to body board and because of how the beach and ocean meet at kind of a steep hill of sand, we both got slammed on our necks.  It was the first time in my life I actually thought I was going to die.  I couldn't find which way was up, and when I finally came to my boobs were out for all to see, and I could barely walk as it felt like a man punched me in the face.  It was terrible. Needless to say we didn't go back in the water there, and aftewards I read that a lot of people have experienced the same thing there.  Scary!   

So, be careful on Big Beach if you go!! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    WOW that's a good list! 

Just a quick note...the winery is really nothing special. IMO that would be the last thing on my list.  I mean if you're alreayd going up to Haleakala for sunrise its a nice little drive over to the winery.  The wine though...if you like very sweet wine then you'll like it but you can buy it at any of the markets.  I don't know...I just don't think it's worth the time to go over there but that's just me, you may totally love it.
  • edited December 2011
    Can you squeeze me into your suitcase, dear?  :D
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AK- No problem. I posted it thinking it might help out others. Glad it is. m_eblin- I appreciate the feedback. I've read both good and bad reviews. Figured we'd give it a shot while we are out there if we were up to it. But, won't feel crushed if we don't go. Have the same idea for the winery on the Big Island. Plus, we will pick up some bottles of the wine for our welcome BBQ and will get a chance to try it then. Tanq- If you can find room any extra room in there, you are more than welcome to come. But I here it's really cold where they keep the luggage so bundle up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards