Moms and Maids
Options

Bride's Maid's Gifts!

I am so lost on this one.  I was going to do the customary jewelry thing but I'd really rather not.  My cousin got married a little over a year ago and she gave us all shawls to wear if we wanted that were really nice.  Bottom line is, I need ideas (that are relatively inexpensive, about $15 each) because I have a month left on how to figure this out.  Any one have an idea?
Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Bride's Maid's Gifts!

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Basically shop like its their birthday, what are each one's interests? Do any of them like sports? If so, get something that they would use for that activity. Are they music lovers? A CD of their favorite artists or iTunes card is a good choice. Are the tech geeks? Then think of something that they would most likely use. Do they like to eat out? Gift card to their favorite restaurant. I know people like to get material gifts but I know many friends that like to get gift cards because then they can use it on whatever they want, whenever they want.  
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Autumn gave you great advice.  Listen to her and do what she said.  Because she's right.

Shop for your friends, not your WP.  What store or website would you go to if it were their birthday?  If it were Christmas?  Okay.  Now go there.

For me:  I'd far rather get a gc to amazon for a book for my kindle, or a bottle of my favorite wine than a tote bag filled with bath and body works stuff or the like.

WP gifts don't have to be, nor should they be matchy-matchy or wedding related.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_brides-maids-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:4be3e27c-7e3a-4a45-bb89-ffda1b887e12Post:86a865c6-71fb-418e-a34f-843c755d8e2a">Re: Bride's Maid's Gifts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Autumn gave you great advice.  Listen to her and do what she said.  Because she's right.   Shop for your friends, not your WP.  What store or website would you go to if it were their birthday?  If it were Christmas?  Okay.  Now go there. For me:  I'd far rather get a gc to amazon for a book for my kindle, or a bottle of my favorite wine than a tote bag filled with bath and body works stuff or the like. WP gifts don't have to be, nor should they be matchy-matchy or wedding related.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

Trix is wise...
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's.
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lurk more, read past threads
  • Options
    lharri12lharri12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I got something unique for each of my bridesmaids.  A bracelet for my sister, a tea set for my BFF, and a collectible doll for my niece.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought all my girls a bracelet with their names on it, bath and body lotion and body wash, a bag to put it all in, and shirts...ya the usual bride thing!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shop for them as friends not bms.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm making them all bath sugar scrub. I got little mason jars and found a recipe online. You add a little essential oil to give it a wonderful smell, and tie a cute bow on it and it is a nice and inevpensive gift. You can do different sents or color to what your girls like best or color it to match your wedding. YOu can enen put lables on the jars with thier names or the wedding date or just a short little thank you.
  • Options
    forrma7forrma7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    woo!! i just found this post and i want to do it for my BMs!
    It can be super inexpensive if you find hankies and little tokens in flea markets or antique shops.

it's so cute and personal, i love it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This may be long.

I was scouring TK and found these really awesome posterboards in which both the bride and the groom listed all the things they loved about each other. 

You can see them here: http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/70709/detailview.aspx?id=70709&type=3&colors=Orange&wedding+details=Reception+Decor

I replicated this with each of my girl's name and listed all the things I loved about them.

I cut them down to 4 x 6 picture size and inserted them into these glass jewelry boxes: http://cblfineart.com/deglboxand4x.html

It may be the "same" gift for everyone but I know they are just going to love it. 

Maybe you could do a twist on this idea since it's bigger than your budget? Maybe frames? Or less expensive jewelry boxes?  GL!

BabyFruit Ticker If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Even if we're apart i'll always be with you. - A.A. Milne
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have plenty of time to decide on Bride's Maid's Gifts but it is something i have been thinking about.  I like the idea about listing what you love about your girls in the wedding party and putting it in a frame of some sort.  I was playing with an idea similar to that as i would like to express to my bridesmaids my thanks for being a part of my special day and then also do a gift of some sort that is similar to their personalities.

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will also say that one of my favorite gifts was when I was a reader for a friend's wedding. She was my HS teammate and she made me (as well as the other girls on our team who were apart of the WP) a personalize scrapbook of all our crazy antics together as teammates throughout the years and when did our regular hanging out trips. Many pictures that I did not have and really appreciated in getting. So just another idea to throw out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, do not give them something wedding related, especially that they HAVE to use at/for the wedding.  Then it becomes a gift for yourself, not them.  I gave jewelry, but it was not related to the wedding and I made it clear they were not to wear it for the wedding unless they really, really wanted to.  It was also very good quality jewelry, not cheap junk.  Looking back I wish I had been a little more personal, but when I see the girls that were my BMs I see them wearing the jewelry I gave them and I know they like it.  Now that I am going to be in a wedding, as a BM I would like to get either a nice, high quality piece of everyday jewelry like I gave or something personalized to me, like a gift certficate for a massage or spa treatment.  Since your budget is around $15.00, what about a nice bottle of wine?  Or a CD or DVD by a favorite artist or actor? Or a Yankee Candle in the BMs favorite scent?
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having picture frames personalized for each of them. It will have their name, title "bridesmaid" and a special note that I wrote to each of them telling them what I love most about them and thanking them for being here for me thru the years of our friendship.

www.personalizationmall.com

go to frames or wedding gifts and you will see them.

they are $30 but I think they are classy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh I should mention that the frame opens like a book. one side is the note and the other side is for the picture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards