Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

change outfits for engagement pics?

Hey ladies!
Quick question, did your FI and you change outfits for your engagement pics or did the two of you stay in the same outfit? I have seen it done both ways and was curious which was easier/popular.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011

Re: change outfits for engagement pics?

• lana2007lana2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,
    I'm a wedding/engagement photographer, and I have shot both. I would recommend that you have a change of outfit just so you can have a variety of things to choose from. Or, im my case, some couples have gotten drenched from beach shots and needed to change :S

Good luck!

Lana

www.lanarenee.com
    With love from Chile... I blog. Check it out here: www.lanarenee.com
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I changed from a dress to jeans and heels (PIB--planning) but my husband did not.
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't change, but I kind of wished we would have now
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    (I'm a wedding photographer, currently planning my own wedding).

You should always do at least two outfits for your engagement session- it's nothing anyone has ever regretted. It gives you a chance to show a bit more formal side, and then more of a casual side. 
  • edited December 2011

We each actually did 3 outfit changes. I can't imagine wearing only one, just because it's nice to see something different, instead of 100 pictures with the same outfit. Plus idk what you are using them for, but if you are going to have them displayed, it looks better in my opinion.

To make it eaiser I wore a white tank up underneath everything, and FI wore a white undershirt that way we were able to change quickly, and not worry if people are around (if it's a public place)

"There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MsAmanda923MsAmanda923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did 3 outfit changes... One was very dressy, one was sporty, then one was with his fraternity shirts/jerseys.. hth!
    Everyday is a miracle. Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't change outfits... we were on the move the entire shoot and really don't know if we would have had time to change outfits.  I can't say that I regret it, we had a wonderful shoot regardless of how many outfits we were in.  But that was us...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards