Connecticut

Ann Howard @ The Bond Ballrom

Hello,

I am new here. I just got engaged on 12/23 and I am so excited to start my planning. I have a question for all of you ladies. Have you ever been to a wedding at The Bond Ballroom in Hartford. If so, what is your feedback? I know Ann Howard does the catering but that's all I know about the venue.

Any feedback would be AWESOME!

Thank you!

Re: Ann Howard @ The Bond Ballrom

• starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i haven't been to a wedding there, but i did go to a gala there last spring.  i don't really have anything bad to say about it.  i know i thought the food was good, but it was not really memorable (since in the 8 or 10 months since the gala i apparently can't remember what i ate or anything else about the food lol).  

i think what makes the venue are the amazing views.  they have HUGE windows & the views of the city are awesome at night.  it's also nicely decorated inside.  i remember it was a little strange going through the hotel to find it, but once you're inside the ballroom itself, it's very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!! :)

I looked there back in August and it is gorgeous. However, there were a few things I didn't like: The amount of food/apps you get for the price you pay, you pay for 150 people even if 150 don't come, the only way to get to the ballroom is by using the elevator (it would probably take 15 minutes just to get all of your guests upstairs), but the main reason I crossed it off my list is because another hotel recently went bankrupt in Hartford. If the hotel that the Bond Ballroom is in goes under, then there would be no way for them to stay in operation. That scared me :/. I do think it's a beautiful venue though and have heard great things about the food!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Thank you for the feedback. My Mom has also been to an event there and she too said it was nice, just not memorable. She also said the elevator caused a lot traffic in the hallway. I'll check it out but I will keep all this in mind.

My dream venue is the Gershon Fox Room. I'm praying that when I meet with them I can get them to come down on their price a little more since the wedding will be during the off peak for weddings.

Wish me luck!

Thanks again!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ann-howard-bond-ballrom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:6e301460-222e-4a77-bf2c-f95333849f5fPost:b2ac4422-be41-4ca8-ad8e-dae3355b83c7">Re: Ann Howard @ The Bond Ballrom</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dream venue is the Gershon Fox Room. I'm praying that when I meet with them I can get them to come down on their price a little more since the wedding will be during the off peak for weddings. Wish me luck! Thanks again!
    Posted by MsDiamondPrincess[/QUOTE]

My wedding is booked at Gershon Fox for October 2011.  We wanted to see The Bond, but after going to G. Fox, we immediately made our decision - one venue and we were done.  If you take careful look at the packages both offer, The Bond adds up to be much more than G. Fox in the end - because many of their add-ons are part of the actual package at G. Fox.  So you never know!  $100/person at G. Fox really offers everything you need!  We upgraded the bar out of personal taste, but that's it.  I will say that the G. Fox service has been INCREDIBLE. 

mwitter80 on this board just married at G. Fox in early December.  She has some pics in a post if you scroll through.

GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Nevermind! Just saw you wrote on mwitter80's posts.  :)  good luck at your appointment!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you. I am seeing The Bond the same day and although I am saying I will keep an open mind - my heart is set on G. Fox.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Cross your fingers and toes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards