Georgia-Atlanta

NEED HELP FAST!!

We just lost our wedding venue, due to a festival coming to town. We were previously cleared for our date, now we're 20 days away and have nowhere to have our ceremony. It was a local park, so there was no contract in place.

Anyone have any ideas ITP Atlanta? Our date is April 19th (Thursday).

Re: NEED HELP FAST!!

• Oh goodness love, I'm so sorry. How large is your guest list? And where on Earth were you having the ceremony?

Contact your local VFWs/ALs to see if they have an opening at one of their halls. Also contact local schools and churches, they may let you use their gym for a small fee.  Worst they can say is no. 

Does anyone you know on the GL have a house with a nice backyard? You would probably have to rent chairs though, which could be hard to do in 20 days. 

Are there any other parks you could look into, maybe a little further away? I'm pretty sure the ones out here in Gwinnett offer a contract if you use one of their pavilions or facilities. I think they range in price from like $50-$400+, depending on the size and how long you need the place. 

Note to other brides, this is a very good example about why it's crucial to have a contract! OP, I know that's not what you want to hear, and I'm not trying to belittle you because obviously that can't be helped now, but your experience can serve as a warning to others. 

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Luckily, we kept the guest list small at 24 people (including us). We're looking at restaurants and other parks now to see what we can manage.
  • I saw you on the othe board. I am not from ATL, but I feel so bad. I just wanted to say I am sorry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_need-help-fast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:7c704c38-6c88-41c6-ad54-0b2eb94c0851Post:ad98a406-4ef4-427b-a4ca-1a8f5dbcc81e">Re: NEED HELP FAST!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Luckily, we kept the guest list small at 24 people (including us). We're looking at restaurants and other parks now to see what we can manage.
    Posted by leylatravis[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh that is so good! I was fearing the worst, 150+ or something! haha If that had been the case, I was going to tell you to call Q100's Bert show. They LOVE helping people out with this kind of thing. </div><div>
    </div><div>But yes, if it's that small, then not as criticall. You should be able to manage at another nearby park or restaurant. Tell  them what happened! I would totally try and work some sympathy in there. They might feel bad for you and try to help you out. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • What about a place like 103 West in Buckhead? a hotel? Not sure of your budget..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards