Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Reception sites in Iowa

Any ideas for 2013 wedding in the Iowa City or Cedar Falls area? Any experience with Celebration Barn or Bella Sala?

Re: Reception sites in Iowa

• Options
    Are you considering Cedar Rapids area also? What feel are you looking for? Budget?

Bella Sala is nice, several of my friends have been married there. It's quite expenisve however, my most recent married friend to rent the space itself was $11,000.

We're having ours at The Hotel at Kirkwood (www.thehotelatkirkwood.com). It's nice, but on the more expensive side as well. Also it may not be what you want/not where you want.

We also gave the CR Marriot a good look and really liked it as well, I imagine the Iowa City one would be comprable.

Also, many, many friends of mine have been married at Festhalle Barn, but it's in the Amana Colonies - so not sure if that is too far of a commute but it's truly a blank slate and is very beautiful when decorated
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    Our daughter was married at the Cedar Rapids Marriott in May and we couldn't have asked for any better reception/wedding.  Kerry Brewer is the wedding coordinator for the Marriott and she is easy to work with as well as very knowledgable.  The food was delicious and served HOT....we had 150 guests and their comments were all positive.

We had checked on several other locations, but having been at two other wedding receptions at the Marriott, we went with them and are most happy we did.....If I had another daughter getting married, I wouldn't even think of using any other venue.
  • Options
    I just had my reception at Bella Sala and it was fantastic - could not have asked for any better service.  As far as pricing and i thought they were very reasonable - just depends on how much space you need.  We had the Piccala room which seats up to 250, we had approx 150 guests.  I think to rent to hall for the day was $2500, we had to pay a $500 security deposit (which was returned to us less then a week after the wedding) and fees for cleaning and security which were very reasonable.  Bella Sala also did all the decorating and did a very beautiful job for under $1,000 - all we had to do was walk in and walk out.  You can use other decorators or do it yourself.  We had Dostals cater (you can only use Bella Sala's preferred caterers) and they were very reasonable, delicious and professional.  I think the most expensive item we had at Bella Sala was the open bar!!
    They were great to work with and really customized my experience to fit my budget and needs.  Depending on the time of year you get married they also offer some discounts. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards