Chit Chat

oh wtf.

It was going so well, FMIL paying for cake, FFIL paying for alcohol, I sold some of my jewelry from my ex, FI did his tax return to put towards the wedding ($1200), the snow is melting...and I'm actually thinking I'm in a good position.

Then I get a random tax document in the mail that my company kept sending to the wrong address for money I took out of my pension that I used when I bought my house (I paid the taxes at the time I took it out) and I sent it to my accountant and now she's saying I have to file an ammendment and I'm probably going to have to give back my entire refund plus a few hundred ($1800 or so) which is how I'm paying for school.

I want to just throw up now. This is the first time I've been stressed in months. There's nothing else about this wedding I can scale back at this time. I already did it all....I'll just keep trucking and dealing with it and making it work but... gah.

Re: oh wtf.

• It was going so well, FMIL paying for cake, FFIL paying for alcohol, I sold some of my jewelry from my ex, FI did his tax return to put towards the wedding ($1200), the snow is melting...and I'm actually thinking I'm in a good position.

Then I get a random tax document in the mail that my company kept sending to the wrong address for money I took out of my pension that I used when I bought my house (I paid the taxes at the time I took it out) and I sent it to my accountant and now she's saying I have to file an ammendment and I'm probably going to have to give back my entire refund plus a few hundred ($1800 or so) which is how I'm paying for school.

I want to just throw up now. This is the first time I've been stressed in months. There's nothing else about this wedding I can scale back at this time. I already did it all....I'll just keep trucking and dealing with it and making it work but... gah.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Oh, no! Sorry for the bad turn!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • For Roth accounts, you paid taxes on the money that you invested before it went in. For my pension, Pre-tax dollars went into the account and it must be taxed when it comes out. I didn't however; receive a penalty for withdrawing pre-retirement age because it was for purchase of my principal residence.

They were supposed to take taxes out, and did, but because this counts as income for this year, apparently it puts me into a higher tax bracket...so that means now, that I didn't pay enough taxes all year I guess...and definitely not enough was taken out on this.

I just feel sick about it. I normally just know how to fix things in my head but I'm to emotional about it right now to do it...and at the same time, I can't stop thinking about it...so....I got to chill somehow. This is when I'd normally want to go find a bag of easter candy but I committed to physical activity and it's a beautiful day, so I'm going to go walk my dog.
  • I'm so sorry, that's aweful. :
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Got the total... yeah $1,732 because I lost my education credit due to the new tax bracket. Oh, and I have to pay it back before April 15th.
  • That sucks.  I'm sorry.
  • Can you get an extension past April 15th? I would at least ask. Sorry about the bad turn.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm not sure. I have the money, it's just my wedding money. Luckily I don't need it for 6 months. Unlucky that it means I have to save an extra $283 a month and Im already putting 700 away now..so ill probably have to charge some things.  I'll make it work, I just wasn't expecting it today. I haven't wanted to cry in a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards