Snarky Brides
Options

Just curious

I thought this would be an interesting question to ask,

How did you come up with your screen name? Are the numbers significant at all?

I made my screen name when I was on thebump. I had NO idea that other people saw it, because I didn't know how to use the website or that you could post things. I honestly picked the most random thing ever. Mine has zero meaning or significance. If I could redo my name it would be something more interesting or "me."
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Just curious

• Options
    I just put together random letters.  I did the same thing with my e-mail, I had gotten so sick of trying to get a screenname that was "me" and being told they were already taken, so I just put some letters together, and bam, there I was.  So now I do it for all my screennames.
    TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 on 11/16/11, EDD 07/28/12, C/P 11/21/11
    DX with PCOS 04/19/12
    BFP#2 on 07/25/12, EDD 04/07/13, U/S 08/16/12 baby measuring 6w6d, new EDD 04/05/13
    A/S 11/09/12, We're having a boy!
    imageimageLilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • Options

Mine is derived from a poem that I wrote when I was, like, 8.  I've used it so much that I don't even remember what the poem was about.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am a child of the 80s and after a a stupid 19 year old came to TK and had my name (my first name), I decided to change it up.  Night Sprite is one of the little fluff ball things in Rainbow Land that helps Stormy maybe...I don't remember.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Salt is my favorite condiment and 78 is the number of people I shanked while I was in jail. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Mine is a nickname my dad calls me (name is Jessica), with 14 for my bday.  I use jesibel for everything.
  • Options
    Mine is my nickname and some random numbers (jk).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The Key is for Key West, a place I have traveled. The 721 is my sweetie's birthday.
  • Options
    When I was little I was missing a tooth (because my sister knocked it out with a porch swing.. klassy) and couldn't correctly pronounce Elizabeth. My aunt used to pick at me about it so I'd say it really slow and deliberate. She said it sounded like I was saying Sarah P Lizardbutt, so thats what I was called from age 4. Thankfully, she (and the rest of the family) shorten it to Sarah P most of the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

You're not able to change your screen name once you've chosen it can you?

Does anyone know if there is a way it can be done?

I just put my email cos i'd remember that, didn't realise there were boards on this site and everyone would be able to see it!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-curious-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:abd63cd6-dfdb-4229-a4f4-787bbeb00fc8Post:77fceb58-aa0b-45b4-b94b-15982f705ff3">Re: Just curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're not able to change your screen name once you've chosen it can you? Does anyone know if there is a way it can be done? I just put my email cos i'd remember that, didn't realise there were boards on this site and everyone would be able to see it!!
    Posted by sophs_ro@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can change it. You would have to open a new account.
  • Options
    My FI always picks either 5 or 55 as his number for sports (rugby, hockey, softball)...number5 was taken on here already so I picked number55 (That's him playing softball in my avatar pic!).  I would have used some variation of my first name but it is so uncommon that it would have been a very good identification of who I am (now that I have made a bio it really doesn't make a difference but when I chose my screen name I was trying to be careful)...
  • Options
    I picked it from a character in a book I like. The female lead is named Petra, and when someone was trying to leave her a message anonymously, they left it under Stone Girl. Anyhow, as a geologist, I loved it and it stuck with me, been using it ever since. 

Oh, and I should take the chance to say hello. I've not posted on this board yet (other Knot boards, but not this one). Love the advice I've been reading, love that it's not often sugar-coated!
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-curious-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:abd63cd6-dfdb-4229-a4f4-787bbeb00fc8Post:4fe15410-1e72-4cd9-b955-04f186ef3e21">Re: Just curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked it from a character in a book I like. The female lead is named Petra, and when someone was trying to leave her a message anonymously, they left it under Stone Girl. Anyhow, as a geologist, I loved it and it stuck with me, been using it ever since.  Oh, and I should take the chance to say hello. I've not posted on this board yet (other Knot boards, but not this one). Love the advice I've been reading, love that it's not often sugar-coated!
    Posted by PetraStonegirl[/QUOTE]

What book is it? I absolutely love reading and am always looking for a new book. It must be great if you made your sn out of the main character.

(this somehow got posted ond the washington board...weird!)
  • Options
    I used to keep my bowl in a sucrets box when I was in HS.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Mine is the beginning of my email without the @blah.com. I have no idea how I set it. When I joined TK I didnt even know there were forums on here. I wish I could change it.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    It's my name spelled backward.  Ever other damn name is always taken.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    A friend started calling me Shazzie, and 116 is our wedding date. 
  • Options
    I hate my knot name. le sigh - oh well
  • Options
    Mine is supposed to be ironic, because I'm actually a dude who loves the Stones.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I don't like my username, especially since my name is Beatrice and H's name is Andrew.

No. I really didn't know about the boards when I signed on and I didn't think anyone would be seeing it.
  • Options
    I hate my SN because it's just my name... and my birthday is the 26th of the month. When I signed up with TK I thought it was just a login name, I didn't realize it would be used all over the boards, dangit. I give myself -74 points on creativity.
  • Options
    Random letters and numbers here.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-curious-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:abd63cd6-dfdb-4229-a4f4-787bbeb00fc8Post:4c79fbbe-9a2c-41a6-b154-d8b73f67e9c5">Re: Just curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate my SN because it's just my name... and my birthday is the 26th of the month. When I signed up with TK I thought it was just a login name, I didn't realize it would be used all over the boards, dangit. I give myself -74 points on creativity.
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

same exact thing for me!
  • Options
    I had originally signed up using my last name and my husband's last name together, realized it would be on National boards whenever I posted, and created a new account. That was over a year ago. 
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's cool, we all make mistakes. I used to have a screenname: princessmerbear. Yeah, don't do that. (not here, somewhere else, years ago)

Anyway, it has to do with my real name, but not really. (My name is Meredith.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Mine is the AOL screenname I picked when I was 14.  Schroeder since I play piano (although I figured out only recently that that's not how Schroder from The Peanuts spells it).

2:46 was what the clock read at the time.  I'm original.  And lazy, since I've used it for the past 13 years.
  • Options
    It is just my first name and the year of my wedding. I tried just my first name but of course that was in use. I admire other people's cute and creative names, but after years online I have grown tired of making them up, so I am Lenore wherever I post.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-curious-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abd63cd6-dfdb-4229-a4f4-787bbeb00fc8Post:ba30f5ae-ffa7-44fe-83f0-dcdad1b4c53e">Re: Just curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just curious : So you're from Oregon? Right?
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]
    Yup. And my name is Lakeisha.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is one I've used since HS. One of my friends was trying to convince me that "scythe" should be pronounced "skythe." I started using it as a screen name to needle her, and I've just stuck with it ever since.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards