Just Engaged and Proposals

quick random question for all newly engaged...

I just got engaged on June 2... a few minutes after he proposed, I seriously felt like I was going to puke. Anytime anyone brings up a lot of different questions about the wedding at once (I have a few friends that don't finish their thoughts and tend to ask question after question before I have a chance to answer), I start to get nauseated again... I'm excited and happy, don't get me wrongWink, but I don't get why I all of a sudden feel like I need to puke! anyone else get this way?? LOL

Re: quick random question for all newly engaged...

• Nerves maybe?  Its very overwhelming at first and everyone reacts differently.  When you start to feel that way step back and take a deep breath.  Maybe chill on the wedding chatter until you feel better.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_quick-random-question-for-all-newly-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:5baf3809-00e7-4d2a-85d7-7342a953763dPost:793a42a7-20a3-4194-a5b7-b13d40e87e74">quick random question for all newly engaged...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got engaged on June 2... a few minutes after he proposed, I seriously felt like I was going to puke. Anytime anyone brings up a lot of different questions about the wedding at once (I have a few friends that don't finish their thoughts and tend to ask question after question before I have a chance to answer), I start to get nauseated again... I'm excited and happy, don't get me wrong , but I don't get why I all of a sudden feel like I need to puke! anyone else get this way?? LOL
    Posted by CLR+VCR[/QUOTE]

I dont ever feel the need to puke but my body gets all shaky. I get really excited as well and it just happens! :D
  • edited June 2012
    I had a very good idea that the proposal was coming, and all through dinner I felt nauseous.  However, as soon as we were engaged, I never felt that way again.  Maybe you're just very nervous about planning the wedding.  Take a moment and think about two things, one at a time:

1) Planning the wedding.  Calling the vendors, booking the location, picking out a dress, choosing little details like what should go in the centerpieces, etc.

2) Living the marriage.  Cooking together, Christmas mornings together, decorating your home, summers with your kids, etc. (obviously your life plan may be way different than that, but you get the idea)

If the first one makes you sick, don't worry, wedding planning can be overwhelming, it's natural to feel worried about it, and some people respond to worry by feeling sick.  If it's the second one, then think a little more about how you feel.  That doesn't mean its a bad decision, just that you should think it over. 
  • I felt that way the night he proposed.  There was just so much to do and it was something I never thought would happen.  I was 47 when we got married and had never been married before.
  • I think it's just nerves. I couldn't eat for a week due to stomach being so shaky. Hopefully the feeling of nausea goes away soon. Congrats!
  • LOL thanks everyone!

I think it's just nerves and the idea of planning a wedding that get me crazy nauseated.

Gabrielle76, it's DEFINITELY just the wedding, we've been together 5 years and have pretty much known we're meant to be together from the start, so I think it's the fact that it's really happening nowWink, but thanks for putting that into perspective, when I start to feel that way, I try to keep reminding myself, the wedding doesn't matter, it's the marriage that does Smile

It might also be because big things don't normally happen to me and this year has been full of big things happening, (buying my first brand new car, my mom passing away from cancer, and now being engaged)...kind of makes me wonder what's next, know what I mean?
  • I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. Cancer has taken too many good people from our midst. This has indeed been a big year for you with a lot of firsts, and I'm thinking that she must be very proud. I'll respond to your nervousness post in a separate message.
  • In regard to your nausea, nerves are the likely culprit and are to be expected, no matter how long you've been together or how much you're looking forward to the wedding. My fiance and I have been together for six years (living together for three), so this was a long time coming and something we'd talked about forever. Nonetheless, when he proposed I was thrilled and excited for the first five days... then I emotionally crashed at the end of the week and started getting sad, grouchy, sensitive and REALLY jumpy. I had my stomach all in knots; I was in a sense of panic. What made it worse was that I was panicking over the fact that I was panicking. I always attach meaning to everything, so I worried that it was weird or wrong to suddenly feel this way, like "a sign" or something. Since then, I've felt much better and excited again about planning the wedding, and I've learned that it's very common for close-to-engaged and newly engaged folks to suddenly freak out no matter how happy they are.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_quick-random-question-for-all-newly-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:5baf3809-00e7-4d2a-85d7-7342a953763dPost:793a42a7-20a3-4194-a5b7-b13d40e87e74">quick random question for all newly engaged...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got engaged on June 2... a few minutes after he proposed, I seriously felt like I was going to puke. Anytime anyone brings up a lot of different questions about the wedding at once (I have a few friends that don't finish their thoughts and tend to ask question after question before I have a chance to answer), I start to get nauseated again... I'm excited and happy, don't get me wrong , but I don't get why I all of a sudden feel like I need to puke! anyone else get this way?? LOL
    Posted by CLR+VCR[/QUOTE]

I don't get nauseous, but I have definately turned into a crier..  I cried very little the night we got engaged - the next night we were sitting around the campfire and i cried for like an hour - same thing the next night - and even know - 2 months later I cry about everything wedding related - got my contract for my venue i cried, turned in my contract for my vendor and I cried - everyone handles it differently I am just overwhelmed now with everything I actually have to do even though I am extremely excited and looking forward to it
    Congrats !!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards