Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Party/Shower Hosts Question

For those of you who have thrown a shower or for brides who have received a shower.....

Did the hosts of the shower give a group gift or individal gift?  Or was throwing the shower the gift?

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Party/Shower Hosts Question

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I helped my mother throw my sister's shower, but I still gave my sister a gift at the shower.

I also attended a shower where I was in the bridal party (MOH) but did not have any part in throwing the shower - I gave my friend a gift that was soley from me.

I gave both wedding gifts, as well.

I did put together a group bridesmaid gift for the same friend, but we gave that to her at the wedding and it wasn't anything too expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    My MIL and SIL's organized my shower and didn't give me any gift or even a card. It made me feel as if they didn't care (although there were many other clues that added to that feeling, like choosing a date according to my SIL's schedule in complete disregard of whether it was convenient for me AFTER my stating that it was not, picking only foods I dislike, ignoring my wedding colors, going away to talk to everyone else but me during, etc...) I now expect that we won't get a wedding gift from them either.
    Anyway, my point is that it is nice to at least get something small that would make the bride smile and lets her know that you are happy for her - a greeting card with an old picture of you or the couple together or something else cheap/free/DIY is much much better than nothing. Otherwise, I agree that as the organizer of the shower you are not expected to go broke buying the most expensive items on the registry as well just because you were chosen for a bridesmaid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards