Registry and Gift Forum

How many places did you register at?

So far my Fiance and I went to BB&B, Target, and Macys. Is that enough? I mean most of the stuff we liked were at BB&B so when we went to Macys, we didn't really put a lot of stuff so yeahh...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How many places did you register at?

• We currently only have an Amazon.com registry, but I'm looking at adding one for BB&B and possibly Target (since I'm not sure if out-of-town guests have certain stores nearby).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_many-places-did-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:49b2d325-8cbb-4155-84e6-563f3ff4f8efPost:462ebe56-f777-48f3-a8de-c3dace9a213e">Re: How many places did you register at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We registered at three places: BBB, Kohl's, and Pampered Chef. I believe that <strong>BBB says to register for twice as many gifts as the number attending your wedding</strong>. That way people have plenty of items to choose from.
    Posted by cshoaf1[/QUOTE]
    Although this does help give a variety, the idea of having 2x the gifts is just a marketing technique. They want you to put more on there so people will buy you more, or you'll be more tempted to use your completion discount to buy it later. Don't fall for their tricks.<div>
    </div><div>Focus on plenty of items that are in all different price ranges. That's the most considerate thing to do. </div>
  • I am registered at Crate and Barrel and we wanted to register at 1 more place (we are inviting about 160, expecting about 120, but I live in NJ where 95% of people give cash for the wedding, so I'm not sure how many gifts we will get as it will mostly be for my 25 person shower).  Anyway, we tried to register at Macy's this weekend and it was a disaster.  The choices seemed picked through (not sure if it was b/c it was so close to the holidays), and a lot of what we picked up and tried to scan were "discontinued".  So we abandoned the effort and are going to register at BBB instead.  However, I am keeping the registry and the few things on there but just not listing it anywhere (it will still come up if someone does a search on here for my registry), as they have a great rewards program for those that registered!
  • We are planning on BB&B, Target, and Amazon for those random items we'd like. I decided against Macy's a long time ago because most of what I would want from there is available at BB&B. I've had a few friends get married, and they registered at BB&B and Target, and no one has mentioned any problems with Target's return policy. In my experience, Target has one of the easiest return policies I've seen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • I had a Target registry but deleted the whole thing because of the Target website. The registry was either slow to load or didn't load at all. We are registered at BBB and JC Penney. BBB has the bulk of our registry and JCP has towels and sheets my FI loves.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_many-places-did-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:49b2d325-8cbb-4155-84e6-563f3ff4f8efPost:2e3758c1-85ae-4f70-8a41-4984ff23e577">Re: How many places did you register at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a Target registry but deleted the whole thing because of the Target website. The registry was either slow to load or didn't load at all. We are registered at BBB and JC Penney. BBB has the bulk of our registry and JCP has towels and sheets my FI loves.
    Posted by Twowarlocks[/QUOTE]
    My registry doesn't load on Target some days too. It's an annoyance, but not bad enough to make me delete the registry. I like my Target items too much :)
  • I did BB& B, Target and Macy's
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards