Georgia-Atlanta

Engagement Photo Places...help!

does anyone have any ideas of great places to have engagement photos taken in the Atlanta area?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Photo Places...help!

• edited December 2011
    We did ours at Piedmont Park.  Friends of ours did them around King Plow area.
    Photobucket
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours taken at Piedmont Park. It was windy and a little chilly - my hair kept blowing in the wind, too many people around. In the end we did get some great pics, but I want another e-session at an indoor location. It depends on the look on you're going for, but Stone Mountain Park, botanical gardens, Atlantic station, centennial park
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well it depends on the feeling you are going for... if it is intimate and classy I would say call a local atlanta hotel and ask if you can use their lobby! or peidmont is always a good idea... There are some beautiful areas in Fayetteville area, south of Atlanta
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Atlanta Botanical Gardens is great but they charge a $150 fee on top of your $15/ea. admission price to photograph engagement photos on their property. Piedmont Park is fantastic. If you are concerned about crowding, go earlier or later in the day (lighting is best this tme of day anyway.) Roswell River Mill is very nice. Any quaint downtown area in th suburbs is always good. Hotels can either be very accommodating in terms of photographing or they can throw you out. It's mixed. UGA has a lovely garden club area on their campus that is accessible with no problem. If you are a UGA fan, there's also lots of other options there. And also think of places that may mean something special to you. Or a themed shoot. Recently I shot a "cooking" themed engagement session at a couple's house. It was really sweet! Be creative and you will get the results that you are looking for! Best of luck to you!

P.S. Props are great too!

~ Rebecca Bunch
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are so many possibilities! Like PPs said, it really depends on what your style is and what look you are going for here. 

Think about what is important to you or any place around town that has meaning to you and your FI. Maybe your first date location is a cute little cafe or bistro? Bam! Are you theatrical types or lit lovers? See if the Shakespeare Tavern will let you use their stage (they might charge-idk, just a random idea). Any garden/park place will work if you want a classic, fun outdoor shoot. If any place comes to mind but you aren't sure if they will allow photography or you want to try and use the place before normal hours to avoid crowds, just call! The worst they can say is they charge a ridiculous fee, or worse, no. =D
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! These ideas help a lot. I really liked a lot of engagement pictures I googled at piedmont park. So that may be the place. I definitely dont want to spend $150 @ botanical..... My photographer may have some suggestions also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a photographer and I would have to say that Stone Mountain is my favorite place to shoot. If you want to see some pictures that I've done you can check out my portfolio.vhttp://katepapania.wix.com/centralpoint I am new to Atlanta so I am offering a free engagement shoot trial to see if I am a good fit for your wedding. Please email kate@papania.org for more questions! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards