Ohio-Toledo

Lots of appointments done! PIP

In the past two weeks....

I've met with 3 florists and I'm just waiting on the floral quotes from them.  Everyone's ideas were fantastic and I'm sure will be way out of my price range, but my planner has assured me we'll find a way to still make it beautiful at my price.

My fiance finished his job of cake tasting and I think has picked the baker to do it.  He is waiting on a sketch and quote from her.

And yesterday, I picked my bridesmaids dress'.  I've decided to go with 3 from Davids, and let the girls choose which one of the 3 they want.

And my junior bm's dress

Feeling really good about my progress!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio

Re: Lots of appointments done! PIP

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! the dresses are super cute! What florists are you looking at?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, what baker and florist did you look at???  I wanna see this sketch, too. lol
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Altoid_StormAltoid_Storm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cuuuute bridesmaid dresses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great progress! :):)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Cute! We're going with a slightly darker grey too! It makes your colors POP! Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_lots-of-appointments-done-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:fde2891e-46d7-49bf-81d8-84baa7e11074Post:6a6b83af-5b11-486c-ba0f-221dfe4c9382">Re: Lots of appointments done! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes, what baker and florist did you look at???  I wanna see this sketch, too. lol
    Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]

For the baker's, we did cake tastings with Thrush's, Wixey and Wendy Komer.   I'm leaving my fiancee totally in charge of the cake (along with my wedding planner's approval of his decisions) and letting it be a surprise for me that day.  I really don't care about the cake and this is a a great way to get him involved.  So, I won't get to see this sketch.  Although, I do know his best tasting experience was with Wendy Komer.  She really went out of her way for their tasting.

For florists, I met with Beautiful Blooms by Jen, Keith Brooks and Bartz Viviano.  I got the quote in from Jen and I'm embarressed to say how much it was.... 5,000.  I almost cried.  I met with Keith and Bartz after I received that quote and Keith's ideas were unbelievable.  I left that meeting excited and super sad.  Excited, because his ideas were so dang good.  Sad, cause I doubt we'll ever ben able to afford it.  So.... I'll let you guys kow what my quotes come in at.  I know we'll have to make some changes....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $5,000 is absurd for flowers.  Check out Craig's Flowers on Alexis Rd.  That is where I got my flowers from.

17 centerpieces
    1 bride's bouquet w/ a free toss bouquet
    2 BM bouquets
    5 bouts
    4 corsages for mom's/grandma's

= $680 with delivery to both reception hall & church.  They also setup the flowers on the tables at the hall.

I used orange calla lilies, purple lisianthus, white roses for my bouquet.
    BM bouquets are orange callas and purple lisianthus
    the bouts are orange callas
    the corsages are orange roses
    the centerpieces are orange alstroemeria, orange roses, and purple lisianthus.

My planning bio has pictures of all the flowers in case you don't know what they look like.  They are not cheap flowers by any means.  We did not use gerbera daisies and carnations -- which you can use to save a little money.

We bought the vases from Libbey Glass outlet for 70 cents a piece so that the guests could take them home afterward.  They do rent them out, however.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Enchanting Flowers! Elizabeth is an amazing florist and her cost is so affordable....probably half of what your other 3 florists will charge.
  • edited December 2011
    Lynn from Pollynn flowers also does GREATwork.  She's super creative and also affordable, in case you need to check out a few more florists.
  • edited December 2011

Way to go with letting your girls pick their own dresses... That's what we did and it was so nice!!! Every girl got what they felt comfortable in and they all looked stunning!!!

• Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks! Thats exactly what I've done in the past couple weeks too, minus the dresses. Met with 3 florists over Halloween weekend and 3 cake bakers this past weekend.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_lots-of-appointments-done-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:fde2891e-46d7-49bf-81d8-84baa7e11074Post:22cfd128-74dd-4e89-ad2b-5b0c0730012f">Re: Lots of appointments done! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]$5,000 is absurd for flowers. 
    Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]
    For what its worth, I agree thats a ton for flowers but Jen's not all bad. My quote from her included bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, and about 9 bouts and 9 or 10 corsages, and 25 centerpieces and came out to around $1200. Granted, we're keeping it simple--I think we only talked about 3 kinds of flowers (blue hydrangeas, white roses, pink roses). We did pick another florist though, whose estimate for the bouquets/boutineirs was more but for centerpieces was much much less. OP--maybe you can figure out something less floral for your centerpieces? That could save a lot...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    Keith Brooks quote came in and it's 100% better than Jens - price wise and decorative wise.  We are def going with him, booked today!  I am so excited.  He was awesome in our meeting, the proposal he sent was phenomneal.  FI and I both agreed, if he put that much work into our proposal, I can't imagine what our wedding will be like!

I did like Jen and I know she could have gotten things down to my level more, I was just sticker shocked on the $5,000 right off the bat.  We would have never spent that.

I'm so excited!
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    What kind of flowers are you diong?  I am intrigued!

My FI would have peed his pants if I would have showed him a florist quote for $5000, lol. 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I didn't even show my FI Jen's quote.  He would have had a stroke!  She quoted with all roses.  It was my first meeting and I wasn't sure of what I wanted.  So, we didn't talk about a variety of flowers.  Then I met with Keith.....

Keith's has several different types of flowers in red and white.  His price is still higher than we budgeted.  However, it also includes our linens and table rentals and all our decorations so it evens out.
  • edited December 2011
    Cute dresses!  That third BM dress (with the Y neck) is the same one I wore in my sister's wedding in August.  I loved it, and we all found the pockets very handy.  If you want to see pictures of it in a real wedding, her married bio is http://bcsgalmarriedbio.weebly.com:)
  • SarahNTylerSarahNTyler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went last Saturday to Davids Bridal to let the girls try on their dresses and those were the exact 3 I let them choose from, but in the end we decided on the long version of the first dress.  As for florist you should check out www.bokayboutique.webs.com She gave me a qoute in an email after I told her what I needed and the types of flowers I wanted.  She even told me exactly how many flowers the bouquets would have in each and told me which pictures on her website my bouquets, etc. would look like.  Check her out my dj recommended her and I am glad he did...Super reasonable and good quality.
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    Britton- Your sister's pictures are beautiful! OMG, I want to steal her arch! That is gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_lots-of-appointments-done-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:fde2891e-46d7-49bf-81d8-84baa7e11074Post:aa65e60a-e306-40b6-97de-b2be31b39b21">Re: Lots of appointments done! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Britton- Your sister's pictures are beautiful! OMG, I want to steal her arch! That is gorgeous!
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I'll tell her.  She loved it, too.  Her photographer said she wanted to steal it and keep it in her apartment!  Ha ha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards