Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair & Make-up Trial: Advice? (XP: October 2012)

I'm having my hair and make-up trial in three days. Any advice/suggestions? Obviously, I'll bring photos of hairstyles I'm considering. Anything else? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair & Make-up Trial: Advice? (XP: October 2012)

• Bring photos of makeup looks you are considering too. 

Drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep.

Don't drink any alcohol the night before.

Anniversary
  • Wear a white or ivory top (closest to your dress color) if possible so you can see how the makeup will look with the color you'll be wearing.
  • Wear a button/zip up

Bring your hair accessories, and maybe earrings if necessary.

Make sure to tell them of any allergies- certain hair products and make ups can cause reactions.

Have an open mind! You may have a certain style in mind, but it may not be complementary/ possible for your (tangent: My mother is a hairdresser and back in highschool my friend with thin, short hair showed my mother a magazine clipping of a tight but voluminous updo, my mother said, and I quote "I'm a beautician, not a magician". She ended up with a beautiful french twist that framed her face and highlighted her features better than that updo would have!)

It's their job to be an artist, and if you hate it, tell them! Be honest! It the only day you get to dress like a princess, so don't be a complete pushover (But don't be bridezilla either!)
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1. Don't be afraid to tell the stylist if you don't like how something looks
    2. Take pictures of the style from every angle
    3. Your stylist should write down the makeup shades she uses, but if not, make sure it gets written down.
    4. If you have a foundation/base at home already that works well with your skin tone, don't be afraid to bring it along
    5. Make sure to ask FI to take you out to dinner that night when you look all dolled up! Kiss
  • Thank you, everyone! Very helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards