September 2012 Weddings

Feeling Panicky

I've been such a calm bride-to-be this whole process.  We've been engaged since April last year.  All of a sudden, since it hit 3 months, I've felt panicky. 

Not about marrying my guy - I love him to pieces, know 100% this is the right choice, and so excited about our future together.  It's just wedding-related. 

Like I am at my all time fattest right now, and I have only 89 days to lose some weight.  And all my DIY projects - they're no longer "I have plenty of time!"... all of a sudden, it's "Oh my goodness, how am I going to get this all done?!"  And I'm second guessing nearly everything... my dress, my shoes, my belt, my honeymoon, special songs (recessional, first dance, etc.).  I'm feeling like I'm missing important things, but have no idea what they could be.  I'm nervous that no one will come, that people won't RSVP and I won't know their phone numbers to track them down (FI's whole family).  I'm nervous that people who weren't invited or who RSVP'd no will show up.  I'm worried people will show up late and interrupt the ceremony.  I'm worried that vendors won't know what to do when so things will be a jumbled disorganized mess.   I'm afraid vendors won't show up.

Anyone else a nervous wreck?  Wanna share your worries so they aren't taking up space in your head (like me)?  Any calming words?

Anniversary

Re: Feeling Panicky

• sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Don't second guess you choices.

DIY- I just do a little each day in front of the tv after dinner

Weight- I started working on it last month and I am down about 20lbs, I am not starving myself I am just keeping a food journal and on the weekends I am a little more lax. But you can lose some weight you still have time.

When I get super stressed I just have to talk it out with FI, play some Diablo III and in general chill.

This weekend we took a weekend for just us. We went and did some wedding stuff together but all in all it was really relaxing we slept in, made some food together, went pottery painting and enjoyed each other's company. I suggest you take a weekend to just destress. I feel so much better today.

I am still semi-mad at FMIL since referring to her as Mrs. FFIL Name was "unacceptable to her, she is her own person and it is archaic to refer to her as a Mrs....

I am like O.o holy shiiiit balls lady. There is no room on the invitations to change the names so now they are Mr. FFIL and Mrs FMIL and it looks like they are divorced but she is happy. I am done asking anyone for opinions. Lol I am just like fuuuck it. Either you will like or not, no skin off my back.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • breatheeeeeeee! :) take one thing at a time...i started to feel a twinge of panic...but you will get it done...if you need help ask your BMs or anyone willing to help...3  different times i went to the craft store and everytime was a fail....my lucky charm? FH!!! however losing weight is all up to you envision yourself in your dress everyday to keep you motivated or keep a pic of the dress with you
  • That is so totally me on the DIY stuff right now! I keep having mini panic attacks about everything left to be done. A good friend is coming over Thurs and going to help me tackle a bunch of it after she and I talked. She said she could tell I was stressed and wanted to help 'fix it'. How sweet is that?
  • I keep having bouts of the same thing!  Like, I'll be ready to go to sleep, and then my brain kicks into overdrive thinking about all I need to get done.  I have second, third, and fourth guessed my color choices, BM dress styles, and pretty much everything else.  I am officially driving myself crazy.  I feel like there's so much pressure to "get it right" since this day will only happen once (hopefully! ha).  I haven't started ANY diy projects yet, but I'm getting ready to try one out today.  I'm finally off for the summer, so hopefully I'll start checking some things off the giant list.  We are STILL in the middle of booking vendors, aaaah, stress! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    Take a deep breath and relax.

1. Make a list of what needs to get done still. Try to do a little something each day so you don't freak at the end. Make it a working list so you can add and take things off going forward.
    2. Don't doubt your choices.
    3. Don't worry about other people and what they are going to do. You can never have control over this so don't drive yourself crazy. Just worry about FI and yourself!! Just address the issues when they come up don't worry about "what if's."
    4. If you want to slim down a little work on your eating habits and try to take a walk/jog each day. This will help you relax and relieve some stress on top of lossing weight.
    5. Most important it's a wedding not a forcast of your marriage, if something goes wrong the world will not end.
  • Don't sweat the small stuff. The objective of the day is to get married & have fun. =D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm stressed. I've snapped at 2 people today at work and normally I can stay very professional at work... I'm just at my breaking point. I'm getting worried about the wedding stuff because I have no time to devote to it right now. We are in a mad rush to sell our house so all my time and energy has been focussed on making our current house like a model. Then trying to keep it looking that way with a 5 year old and a 1.5 year old dog is challenging in itself.
    I'm a planner and I like knowing what's coming so this uncertainty about the house and having strangers go through ours is stressing me out.
    If/when we move, I also have to find new after school care for my son and change our address on EVERYTHING.
    And at work, people received their "lay-off" papers last week so the mood sucks. I'm finding it difficult to work with people because no one wants wants to follow process or gives a *bleep*.

And that's not even wedding related stuff! lol
    I know that I'll be able to get it all done but I wish I didn't have to put it on the back burner.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_feeling-panicky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:36b460b8-2763-4b46-8560-ac6d3196650bPost:17689433-c14e-4f42-a01e-52af278f8f21">Re: Feeling Panicky</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm stressed. I've snapped at 2 people today at work and normally I can stay very professional at work... I'm just at my breaking point. I'm getting worried about the wedding stuff because I have no time to devote to it right now. We are in a mad rush to sell our house so all my time and energy has been focussed on making our current house like a model. Then trying to keep it looking that way with a 5 year old and a 1.5 year old dog is challenging in itself. I'm a planner and I like knowing what's coming so this uncertainty about the house and having strangers go through ours is stressing me out. If/when we move, I also have to find new after school care for my son and change our address on EVERYTHING. And at work, people received their "lay-off" papers last week so the mood sucks. I'm finding it difficult to work with people because no one wants wants to follow process or gives a *bleep*. And that's not even wedding related stuff! lol I know that I'll be able to get it all done but I wish I didn't have to put it on the back burner.
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

This is me!  I have to put wedding stuff on the back burner definitely until June 16 (when one of my classes ends) and mainly until August 4 (when other class ends...leaving me with less than 2 months ahh).  You can do it...just set REASONABLE goals.  I would start with your weight.  You are obviously self-conscious about it and feeling beautiful on your wedding day I believe is super important.  Plus, slow, gradual weight loss is waaaay healthier than crash dieting (and you are more likely to keep it off).  A food journal like sparent suggested is a great way to realize what you are putting into your body (this includes drinks other than water that can tack on calories quickly) so you know how much you have to burn.  And exercise will definitely help relieve stress, even if it is just a 10 minutes stress or 15 minute walk.  Will your FI or one of your friends team up with you to exercise?  It is easier with a buddy.  With the WR stuff, just pick 1 or two things to complete each week.  Maybe set aside some time each day (maybe just 1 hour) to do only wedding things.  FOcus just on the wedding for that time and when it is up, put it down and handle the rest of your life (or just cuddle up with FI...that's important too!).  Taking it in smaller bites may help.  And if you are a list person, write large tasks down as smaller tasks because when you physically check off each piece you'll feel productive instead of having to do a million things for one little check.  Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help...BM, FI, mom, aunts, whoever!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards