Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding Planners

I am newly (newly) engaged. We live in DC, but my fiance is from outside of New Orleans and we both went to college there.  We are getting married in New Orleans and I am looking for a wedding planner that will be my feet on the ground in New Orleans. We do have some ideas for venues and what we want, but I would love to have someone keep a tabs on things while I am out of hte city. I would love recommendations if you have used a wedding planner in the city.

In advance, thank you for your tips.

If you are a wedding planner, I'll be in NOLA in late June and would love to set up meetings! Thanks again.

Re: Wedding Planners

• edited December 2011
    We used Emily Sullivan who owns Get Polished.  Great planner!!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Carolyn Arthurs with All About Events. I live in Cincinnati (also went to college in NOLA - Tulane) and couldn't be planning my 12/3 wedding without her!
  • kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    KB used Michelle Adams...504 473 4254.....we planned from Atlanta....shes from New Orleans.. and knows everyone in the business.....saved us more money than we paid for her......helped us out of a couple of problems that popped up the weekend of...absolutely awesome!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am originally from New Orleans but live in DC now.  Since most of my family still live in the NOLA area, my fiance & I decided to have our wedding there but I knew I'd need a wedding planner.  I am using Kelly Sherlock and she's great!  She young, energetic & motivated.  She's definitely keeping track of everything for me and helping to alleviate the inevitable stress.  I interviewed most of the bettern known wedding planners in the area and while they all seemed great, Kelly was the one for me.  E-mail me if you'd like more info - alexiseb@gmail.com.
  • e.everette.everett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Michelle Adams! She was amazing. Neither my fiance nor my family is in New Orleans and it was wonderful to have such an expert on our team. She thought of everything-she even lent me her own super comfy flip flop when my shoes started to hurt at the reception
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards