• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Addressing help!!

I though I knew what I was doing....but now I have a problem!

So there's this family that my family was really close to while I was growing up...Mom/Dad/3 kids.  Mom and dad split, and mom and kids moved in with grandma.  So I was going to address this invite/STD to Grandma and Mom, next line: 3 kids.  Welllllll now the girl child just had a baby last week, the baby's dad lives in another state but they are "in a relationship" (or so facebook says)...Am I obligated to invite this random guy to the wedding too since they have a baby together now?  Does that constitute a "significant" relationship that I should honor and include him?  They keep breaking up and getting back together, so who's to say they will even still be together by the time STD's or invites are mailed.... and idk what last name the new baby has, but I want to make sure she knows she can bring her and not have to worry about finding a sitter... but idk how to group all of that on one invite since they all do still live in the same house (minus baby's dad).  or should i send the girl and her baby their own?

help?!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Addressing help!!

• Maybe address to girl, grandma, and family for the STD?  Then when it gets closer to the wedding you may have a clearer idea for the actual invite.  I know we have a couple people who are in on again, off again relationships, so we're waiting to see what happens before we send the invites.  For our STDs we just sent to the person we were friends with.
  • I think for the STD I would just address it to the cousin and then be more specific with the invitation.  IF the cousin and the baby daddy are on again, then address the invite to him and the baby as well. 

I would even consider sending more than one invite to that house.... but I wouldn't stress about it now with the STDs.
  • STDs are informal, so there is no "right" way to handle this one.  I would probably address it to the cousin and then worry about it at invite time.  I do think that because he is now the father of the baby that would constitute a signficant relationship.  In my situation I would invite him as well and let the cousin decide if she wants him to join her at the wedding.   
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    Knottie Warrior 500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Addressing help!!:
    [QUOTE]I though I knew what I was doing....but now I have a problem! So there's this family that my family was really close to while I was growing up...Mom/Dad/3 kids.  Mom and dad split, and mom and kids moved in with grandma.  So I was going to address this invite/STD to Grandma and Mom, next line: 3 kids.  Welllllll now the girl child just had a baby last week, the baby's dad lives in another state but they are "in a relationship" (or so facebook says)...Am I obligated to invite this random guy to the wedding too since they have a baby together now?  Does that constitute a "significant" relationship that I should honor and include him?  They keep breaking up and getting back together, so who's to say they will even still be together by the time STD's or invites are mailed.... and idk what last name the new baby has, but I want to make sure she knows she can bring her and not have to worry about finding a sitter... but idk how to group all of that on one invite since they all do still live in the same house (minus baby's dad).  or should i send the girl and her baby their own? help?!
    Posted by CherylE418[/QUOTE]

If I were you, I'd send Mom and Grandma separate STDs - no need to address them to the children or even the boyfriend.

As for the wedding invitations, you need to send adults over the age of 18 their own invitations. Grandma should get a separate invitation. Mom should also get a separate invitation. Outer envelope: addressed to her. Inner envelope: Ms. Mom on the first line and the minor children's names on the second line.

I'd send a separate invitation to the girl who has a baby, addressed to her and her boyfriend on the outside. On the inner envelope write Ms. Daughter, Mr. Boyfriend, and baby's first name, each on separate lines.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards