Getting in Shape

What fun things do you do?

To break up your routine, what fun things do you do, if any?  Hula hoop?  Jump rope? Dance like a fool?

I need ideas, I get bored so easily!
Anniversary

Re: What fun things do you do?

• I used to be a strict gym equipment person, but now I go on bike rides, I play disk golf and I take group classes.

So long as I'm not doing the same exact thing every day it's fine - a full week of nothing but the elliptical at this point would probably drive me crazy.
  • I really like going to Zumba and Yoga.  I get a good workout and it is fun too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm all about group fitness! 
    I know everyone there, so I am held accountable when I skip a day, but the music is soo good and the energy is so fun and high that I rarely want to. 

H and I looove to hike and backpack, so I try to get out on a trail at least once a week, even if it's just for a few miles. 
  • I love hiking and yoga for a change up. I used to dance a lot, but haven't been out in awhile. I also firedance once in awhile. I really good workout for my arms... Wish I had more access to a pool cause I used to like water aerobics.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been doing triathlons for a couple years now. The swim, bike, and run training keeps things pretty well mixed up. I love racing (I'm super slow, and not competitive, but love to try and beat my old times). Having something to train for keeps me motivated. Right now the tri season is winding down, but fall road racing is just starting. I have two half marathons coming up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • These are all great ideas.  I was thinking more toward at-home things. 

Anniversary
  • @Mrs.KathyC do you mean staying inside your home or from around your home? I

Two different things. I guess different DVDs would be something, most of the Bridalicious 30 day challenge things have been able to be done at home so that helps, I love taking walks and exploring different parts of my neighbrohood in different seasons. If you dont' have weights at home using chairs for tricep workouts and cans of food for things like bicep curls or chest presses, etc. Yoga at home.

Hope those are more what you were thinking of.

Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm looking for things inside the home. It's hard to do things outside. By the time I get home, take care of the dog, make dinner, eat, etc...It's dark. Hell, it'll be dark by the time I leave work pretty soon, and we dont have street lights or sidewalks.  Otherwise I'd be walking all the time.

Right now I'm doing whatever is free on Comcast OnDemand. Mostly the "walk" videos until I can get healthier. I have a bad knee, bad shoulder... blah to getting old!
    Anniversary
  • Spinning/Indoor cycling! I love doing this on days I'm not running. I actually enjoy it more than running but they only offer morning classes twice a week at my gym.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_what-fun-things-do-you-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:5e540a70-285f-4c74-b0eb-dbff5a91e1a7Post:bbe0d853-ffe9-4701-a113-ddf59b2914a7">What fun things do you do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To break up your routine, what fun things do you do, if any?  Hula hoop?  Jump rope? Dance like a fool? I need ideas, I get bored so easily!
    Posted by MrsKathyC[/QUOTE]

Love to hula! If you have a Xbox Kinect...try Dance Central, omg what a wokout!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards