Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cheese Table

My Fiance REALLY wants a wedding cake of cheese, but I think people will be too full to eat cheese after dinner.  We are also having a wedding cake which is included by our caterer.  Instead of having appetizers, would it be a better idea to present the cheese table at the cocktail reception for everyone instead?  He really likes the idea of "cutting the cheese" together (haha), so I am not sure how to make his wish come true but also having people eat the cheese! 

Re: Cheese Table

• edited December 2011
    Are you going to your cocktail hour? because you could do a little cutting the "cheese" cake...in front of people :) lol at the cocktail hour.
    Then also, have a real cake cutting after dinner...
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Cheese is a great and classy dessert option, but I agree with you that people might be really full by the time dessert roles around to want the cheese. And you dont' want it to go to waste.

A cheese cake at the cocktail hour might look really cute, though, and people could really enjoy it. I'm not so sure about cutting it, though...
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! This is too funny!! Yeah, I would say do it during the cocktail hour if you can. If not you could do a cheesecake and during the reception after the actual cutting of the cake you could do the "Cutting of the cheese...........cake" Just a thought. HTH!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cheese-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:8a7a47f1-360b-4939-8a50-50372506fb2cPost:781f6f1b-81ee-4559-b3f3-c82250c3586b">Re: Cheese Table</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG!! This is too funny!! Yeah, I would say do it during the cocktail hour if you can. <strong>If not you could do a cheesecake and during the reception after the actual cutting of the cake you could do the "Cutting of the cheese...........cake" Just a thought. HTH!</strong>
    Posted by cmp1986[/QUOTE]
    Love this idea!!<div>
    </div><div>I agree with the PPs.. I think I would do mini cake shaped cheeses during the cocktail. </div>

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • melissak1qmelissak1q member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you make a cheeseball shaped like a traditional wedding cake? Or maybe cheese and crackers with a small cheese chunk shaped like a wedding cake in the middle?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tesskerrtesskerr member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A client of mine has a cheese cake, on a cake stand. The top was a mini camembert on top of a regular one on top of a large one, so it looked like a mini 3 tiered wedding cake. Then below, on the other levels on the cake stand she had other cheeses, almost like how you see a cake on top and cupcakes underneath (the cheese was not shaped like cupcakes though). I think on the bottom she had crackers, interlaced kinda like the pic, as the bottom tier. It looked amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards