Missouri-St Louis

Vendor Review

I was in a friend's wedding this weekend and her #1 must have thing was a photobooth for guests to take pictures in.  She booked through Get The Party Started photobooth rentals and her reception was the Magic House.

They arrived and set up about an hour before- but when the wedding party went to use the booth, nothing worked.  After the guests were seated, the bride and groom snuck away to try to use the booth and discovered that it had been packed up and taken away- not a word said to anyone in the venue or with the wedding.

They called the next day to tell the bride that the Magic House didn't have enough electrical voltage to run the photobooth- something I find very suspicious considering one of the major attractions at the Magic House is an electrical voltage ball that sends current through your body.  Even if this were true- they should have asked the venue before signing the contract, and they should have said something to someone with the wedding before they left.

My friend was understandably devistated- they spent a fair portion of their wedding budget on that booth and while they're getting a refund, they won't get the pictures they were counting on (and no one used the guest book since you were supposed to put 1 copy of the picture in it and sign next to them).  It was handled very poorly and I just wanted to warn anyone in case they are considering them.
White Knot
Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot

Re: Vendor Review

• How awful! And BTW, that's our venue! I was so excited to see the beginning of this post, hoping it was something great about them. Thanks for the warning though! We are thinking of doing a photobooth but will probably end up trying to DIY something because it's out of our budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards