Pre-wedding Parties

Wedding invites vs shower invites timing

I believe wedding invitations should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding for in town guests.

When are shower invitations sent? Are showers a month before a wedding or less? Can you receive a shower invitation before the wedding invitation if you have sent save the date cards. (my cousin actually did that but was it right?)

Any advice with this is appreciated. I am trying to learn what is normally done and what is acceptable even if not normally done. I really want to do things right.

Re: Wedding invites vs shower invites timing

• edited December 2011
    Yes, you can send shower invitations before wedding invitations; often, they are sent first.  STDs don't matter; they aren't required.

Just make sure anyone invited to a shower is invited to the wedding as well.
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea. I didn't think anything of it when my cousin did it but I wasn't sure if that was actually done.

So shower invites can go first. That probably helps a lot with timing of things so they aren't too close together.
  • edited December 2011
    My shower is about 2 months before my wedding.  We're planning on sending wedding invites about 8 weeks before the wedding so the shower invites will probably go out first. 
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my invites aren't going out until about a month after my shower is over =P
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog