Massachusetts

Flower markets in Western Mass

We are making our own center pieces and I need to find a flower market to buy flowers in bulk. I would love to buy burgundy gerbera daisies, but they seem to be some what pricy. My other option is dark red carnations. If you know of a place where I can buy this in bulk and cheap and if you have any suggestions for cheap burgundy/dark red flowers please let me know.

Re: Flower markets in Western Mass

• I would check out the local farmers' markets for flower farms and talk to them about what you're looking for and what is in season the month you are getting married.   
  • Alstromeria comes in a burgundy  color, and it is a pretty flower and tends to be low cost.  I have found them at Walmart and at the local grocery store.  A bonus is they last forever and are easy to work with.
  • The Indian Head Farm in Berlin Massachusetts is amazing.
    Family owned little place near the Solomon Pond Mall.
    I believe they do Pick Your Own for about $8.00/lb. I always stop in to pick flowers once a week from April to October and they always have a wide selection.  Their flowers are hardy and inexpensive.  They do not charge by the stem, just by weight which is AWESOME. 

Check it out:  http://www.indianheadfarm.com/pyoflowers.php
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards