Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm in the mood for fluff

I need fluffy books.  A lot of them.  I can read a 400 pg fluffy book in a couple of hours. One caveat: I hate Nicholas Sparks.

Aaand list.

Re: I'm in the mood for fluff

• Options
    I got nothing except I hate Nicholas sparks too.
  • Options
    All the Sookie Stackhouse books. Super fluffy, super entertaining. I read the whole series in about 9 days, I think.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Jennifer Weiner: Good in Bed, Certain Girls, Little Earthquakes

Also, if you haven't read Bridget Jones #1 AND #2, get on that.
  • Options
    I thought we were going to talk about marshmallows.  Sad panda.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books.

Read the Bridget Jones books.

COME ON LADIES.
  • Options
    me too Fezz, I was looking for hot chocolate and yummy marshmellows or whipped cream....fluff fail!
  • Options
    Well damn. How about the Stephanie Plum novels? I think Janet Evanovitch is the author. I read a few, and liked them.
  • Options
    I am reading one, it's pretty good so far it's called Learning to Love by Debbie Macomber.
  • Options
    I will look at those and the Jennifer Weiner (haha) books.

need moar
  • Options
    Okay, I don't really enjoy the Shopaholic books, but the Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella was pretty good once I got into it.

I'm also looking forward to reading "Violets of March", which reminds me of "Sarah's Key".  Neither of which are fluff though.
  • Options
    I don't think I'd necessarily call World Without End fluffy, exactly, but I read it on our honeymoon. It's long, but a really good book. It'll keep you occupied for a while on a plane. I assume your'e gearing up for the international flight.
  • Options
    I was going to suggest Stephanie Plum as well. I think there are 19 of them now and all are quick reads, very entertaining.
  • Options
    Jennifer Weiner is good, also James Patterson A Christmas Wedding was pretty good.
  • Options
    Did you read If I Stay and the follow up Where She Went?

Those are awesome.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm just now finishing the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.  They are quite long, but pretty fluffy.  I'm actually sad because I'm coming to the end and the next one doesn't get released until 2013.  Boo!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Eyre Affair, etc. by Jasper Fforde?

I like Agatha Christies for fluff

Howl's Moving Castle, Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Dark Lord of Derkholm (or anything, really) by Diana Wynne Jones
  • Options
    If you like baking and midwestern charm, Joanne Fluke has a series with recipes. They're about 250 pages, and I can knock one out in 90 minutes.

Laura Lippman's Tess Monaghan series is set in Baltimore. They're pretty quick.

Tess Gerritsen wrote some early romance novels. 

Gemma Halliday has a series with quick reads. The first is called Spying in High Heels.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-mood-fluff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e068084-0642-45fb-abf4-760c29863a64Post:fb8e1f1f-2a50-4b23-87ef-db0098ea206e">Re: I'm in the mood for fluff</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you like baking and midwestern charm, Joanne Fluke has a series with recipes. They're about 250 pages, and I can knock one out in 90 minutes. <strong>Laura Lippman's Tess Monaghan series is set in Baltimore. They're pretty quick.</strong> Tess Gerritsen wrote some early romance novels.  Gemma Halliday has a series with quick reads. The first is called Spying in High Heels.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Those are fun.  quick reads too (:
  • Options
    I second Chelsea Handler. I've read all her books and I found them all funny. Particularly, My Horizontal Life.
  • Options
    Tina Fey's book was pretty funny, too.  Even Matt enjoyed it.  Well, except for the parts where she talks about her first period and breastfeeding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-mood-fluff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e068084-0642-45fb-abf4-760c29863a64Post:d1c2c660-6e8f-4659-bc1e-1bcc089be6e1">Re: I'm in the mood for fluff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just now finishing the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.  They are quite long, but pretty fluffy.  I'm actually sad because I'm coming to the end and the next one doesn't get released until 2013.  Boo!
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

Is she definitely doing another one?  I almost died at the end of the last one.  Holy fucking cliffhanger.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-mood-fluff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e068084-0642-45fb-abf4-760c29863a64Post:4654d980-e4e6-4a2f-af4d-be681b74b7d4">Re: I'm in the mood for fluff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea Handler's books made me cackle. Definitely not serious material there.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

This.

Those books cracked me up.
  • Options
    Christopher Moore

Sophia Kinsella

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I KNEW FISHY WOULD SHOW UP IF I MENTIONED MARSHMALLOWS.
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-mood-fluff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e068084-0642-45fb-abf4-760c29863a64Post:d75a54b6-6922-48fe-883e-82c842f798ea">Re: I'm in the mood for fluff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm in the mood for fluff : Is she definitely doing another one?  I almost died at the end of the last one.  Holy fucking cliffhanger.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Damn.  I had a feeling it was going to end that way.  I have about 30 pages left.</div><div>
    </div><div>The next one she's hoping to finish the end of 2012 to be released early 2013.</div><div>
    </div><div>Crap.  Now I'm more sad.  I hate huge cliffhangers in books.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-mood-fluff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e068084-0642-45fb-abf4-760c29863a64Post:8b5f5752-778f-4d64-8772-f7fc69b8833a">Re: I'm in the mood for fluff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm in the mood for fluff : Damn.  I had a feeling it was going to end that way.  I have about 30 pages left. The next one she's hoping to finish the end of 2012 to be released early 2013. Crap.  Now I'm more sad.  I hate huge cliffhangers in books.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

I read them after they were all out, but my mom read them as they came out.  I can't imagine waiting that long in between every book.  I would have gone nuts.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I also love the Chelsea Handler books. I had an audio book and was listening to it on my drive to school. I let my dad borrow my car and completely forgot about the CD. 

That was embarrassing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-mood-fluff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e068084-0642-45fb-abf4-760c29863a64Post:e66e1705-a8f3-49e8-9a08-a5a6472594e2">Re: I'm in the mood for fluff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm in the mood for fluff : I read them after they were all out, but my mom read them as they came out.  I can't imagine waiting that long in between every book.  I would have gone nuts.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, same here.  I've been reading them constantly for the past 3-4 months.  I didn't realize there were still more to come out.  </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards