Pre-wedding Parties

What can I do about a-wall bridal shower?

My Maid of Honor said she was going to plan and throw my bridal shower, but she hasn't started planning besides setting the date for it, which is July 17th, and just left for Russia on a Mission trip and won't be back til July 12th, the week of the proposed shower. She hasn't gotten the addresses or guest names from me and hasn't sent any invites at all. What can be done about this? How do I confront her about this while she's in Russia? :(

Re: What can I do about a-wall bridal shower?

• edited December 2011
    That was very poor planning on her part. There really isn't anything you can do about it, though, since the bride cannot ask for or plan a shower. Maybe one of your other friends will step up once they realize your MOH is AWOL (absent without leave).
    Good luck, I hope someone comes through for you. But if you don't get a shower, you'll still have a lovely wedding.

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she hasn't sent out invitations, then there really isnt a shower, and therefore nothing to confront her about. Its ok to feel disappointed that she flaked out, but you don't need to do anything about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, as Maire said it's AWOL (Absent without Leave).   I was trying to figure out what a Wall shower was....art work perhaps?

I have to say that this pretty much stinks. And I don't necessarily have advice for you.  Do people know about the July 17 date?  Your friends and family?  Did she get the word out?

Forget the idea of a surprise...does your mom or any other member of your WP know about it?  Because I'm just concerned that people have been told the date and are expecting to hear about it. 

Although it is true that you shouldn't throw your own shower, in this extraordinary case, it word has been spread that there's a shower for you on Jluly 17, I don't think it's unreasonable to have your mom or a BM do some investigating and find out if any more has been said/done.

I'm sorry I don't have good advice for you.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! (and term correction) :) Turned out one of my friends asked about the bridal shower, I told them about the situation, and they decided to pick up the bridal shower. Friends are so great!
  • edited December 2011
    Good for you. It's nice to have good friends like that. Have a great time at your shower : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards