Wedding Party
Options

Ordering Bridesmaid Dresses

So I am from Michigan, I went to school on the West Side of the state, and I live and having the wedding on the East Side fo the state (3 hour drive). I have bridal party members from each side of the state, as well as one that lives in Florida. 

I was just going to find shops on both sides for them to order, but I have read that you should order from the same store because of dye colors.... anyone have any experience? Do you really see that big of a difference from two different stores?

Thank you!

Re: Ordering Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    A better suggestion is for them to go to stores that carry the dresses and get measured.  But order them from only one store.  Different dye lots n fabric could be significant.
  • Options
    I have stood in weddings where the BMs came from 2 different provinces (Canada) and 1 dress had to be ordered in England.  They warned us about dye lots (alfred angelo) but we had no other option.  The dresses were identical.  We are doing the same for our wedding (alfred angelo, different parts of the country) because that is just all we can do.  And nobody will notice something being off 1 shade.  If they do, they have awesome eyes or are just picky. 

So do what is easiest for everybody which sounds like ordering at their local store.  As long as the brand name and fabric is the same, you'll be fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    I mentioned the "dye lots" things to the ladies at the shop where we ordered my MOH's BM dresses (a local bridal store) and she said there isn't much truth to it. She said a lot of places don't use dye lots anymore, and if they do and there are differences, it is so minicule you can't really tell. I wouldn't let that be the reason to order from the same store if it's not convenient.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ordering-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:090302fb-53a4-403a-9177-7f4963cdbcc0Post:b6146cb0-ca0c-4e7c-88b4-f39308eaf517">Re: Ordering Bridesmaid Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mentioned the "dye lots" things to the ladies at the shop where we ordered my MOH's BM dresses (a local bridal store) and she said there isn't much truth to it. <strong>She said a lot of places don't use dye lots anymore, and if they do and there are differences,</strong> it is so minicule you can't really tell. I wouldn't let that be the reason to order from the same store if it's not convenient.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

True.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Yup, the dye lots are all managed by computer now.  If you do get a dress that's way off, it's a defect and you should get your money back.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My cousin just had kind of a similar-ish issue.  She and one BM is in Colorado and the rest of us are in the Chicago area.  She went with the MOH when she was in for a weekend, picked out a dress, got the vendor and style number, and sent it to all of us. 

I purchased mine from RK Bridal and it was the cheapest option out there AND I got a free tote with my dress order.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My best friend got married in St. Louis and asked her BM's to get fitted for a dress in a certain color at David's Bridal. I got my dress in California, another BM got hers in Oregon, another in Illinois, and another in New York. If there was any difference at all, it was not visible or no one noticed it. I think you will be okay! And like a PP said, if there is a noticeable difference, the store should be doing everything they can to make the situation right for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards