South Carolina

Photographer Help

Hey guys, I'm getting married on October 30th, and I am having a horrible time trying to pick a photographer.  Everyone recommended Blue Mountain Photo Works www.bluemtnphoto.com, they were my first choice but they are not available on my wedding date.  

Do any of you have anyone you love that has a similar style to Blue Mountain?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Photographer Help

• MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about similar style but you should check out Bliss Photography at photodaybliss.com .  We have done our engagement session with them and it was incredibly fun and while we only got to meet one of them, she was incredibly easy to work with!  I had a rough time with a photographer too but our officiant suggested them and it was a great choice.  They have more galleries on sarahsmile.zenfolio.com
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know of your price point but check out these...

Lisa Carpenter Photography - she is a little more pricey but worth every penny.

Hammett Photography - my photographers. Husband/wife team so you get two photographers

Josh Jones Photography

Travis Bell Photography - a little more pricey but great photographer.

I hope this helps.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Judy Kay & Wayne Bryan out of Saluda.  I've hired them for my wedding..packages include engagement or trash the dress and bridals plus all day coverage from 2 photographers.  She also does not charge for travel and has a great price!

http://photosbyjkay.com/blog/chaunte-dave/

Here's a link to my engagement pics as well as her site!

All of her contact info is on there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Amber! I'm available on your wedding date, I'd love to chat with you. My website is http://crystalleephotography.com.
  • edited December 2011
    rebeccaperkinsphotography.com

she's out of anderson, sc. natural light photographer and does a wonderful job. also a friend of mine, full disclosure - but she's doing my pics! wouldn't pick anyone else!
  • bambijamesonbambijameson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd recommend Chi Photography in Charleston.  Has worked with my budget and has been great so far.  ChildCreations.com

• Christa520Christa520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christa Harder Photography LLC

www.christaharder.com

ChristaHarderPhotography@gmail.com

***No Travel Charges for NC, SC, and GA!***
  • edited December 2011
    You can try Megan Manus at http://meganmanusphotography.com/ she is going my photos for my engagement session, bridals, & day of.  The pic that Blue Mountain has on their website with the girl facing out of the window - Megan does that a lot.  You can check out her blog to get a feel for her style.  She's super friendly and really good.  She's out of Sumter but will travel.  Good Luck!
  • lilredz326lilredz326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.sposabellaphotography.com They are AMAZING and awesome and unbelievably talented...They are doing our wedding and they are amazing
  • edited December 2011
    I think we're going with Rebecca Perkins also. Our first choice was Lauren Gossett but she went MIA... if you can't return an email or phone call, you probably aren't reliable.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you guys for all of your help!  It was really heartbreaking that Blue Mountain wasn't available, but we did find someone that they recommended.  

It says a lot that they were willing to help us find someone even though they couldn't do it though.  
  • reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mississippi-wtf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2a8a7903-731a-463f-be92-bad907d7ff1fPost:e5a5c4c7-5352-4365-8063-c61aa9677ede">Re: Mississippi WTF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad they are changing the policy. But at least they flip flopped the offices. But after learning about<strong> white only & black only proms</strong>, this really doens't shock me.
    Posted by redheadfsu[/QUOTE]

<div>seriously? Are they accociated with the school or 'private' dances?</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  SO sorry, The knot made this post jump. ???</div>
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards