Nevada-Las Vegas

I need to vent about Aunt Penny

We have planned on 10-12 people in Vegas, including ourselves. We didnt even do invitations because it is literally just parents and siblings/siblings' spouses.

FI gets a phone call from one of his brothers - The brother has been tasked by Aunt Penny to complain about the wedding being on a Tuesday and is now lobbying on her behalf for a date change. This is followed by a call from his sister on the same mission. I think Aunt Penny may be paying them.

A few problems with this:

(1)  We're already paid in full on  most of our vendors, this includes plane tickets and hotels.
(2) We didn't invite Aunt Penny. She invited herself because Aunt Penny apparently likes any excuse to go and play the slots. (But is only available on weekends)
(3) I didnt even know Aunt Penny existed before these phonecalls, so clearly they're not close.

FI's response to the calls was "Uhhhhh let me discuss it and call you back."  I gave him a death stare and he called right back saying "too bad Aunt Penny, you'll have to miss this one..."

End rant.

Re: I need to vent about Aunt Penny

• So basically, someone who wasn't even invited, nor close to you, is complaining about your wedding plans? Crazy! Hehe. I have been told by many people that you cannot please everyone no matter what you do...
  • lol ask her to prove she was invited lol
  • I'd tell anyone who bitched at me about the date that "I'm sorry the date is not convenient for you, if you can't make it, we'll certainly understand and will miss you."

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• haha - so ridiculous!! After planning this wedding and seeing the silliness - though tame by some standards, I hope I have never ever been THAT guest. Guest etiquette is bad enough, but having to deal with non-guest etiquette? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Unreal!!  I think it's crazy how some people invite themselves to others wedding - UNREAL!!!
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    That is just crazy.... Aunt Penny needs to realize the world doesn't revolve around her, especially if she's not invited to begin with.  You're already being gracious enough to accommodate her rudely adding herself to the guest list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards