New Jersey

Neshanic Valley Golf Course

Has anyone attended or hosted a wedding at Neshanic? I'm having ~120 guests and I'm not sure if the room will feel too narrow/crowded for people. Any feedback? Loved everything else about it!! Thanks!

Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course

• Em72653Em72653 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and saw this place when we were venue shopping and the place was set up for 140 and it looked full enough for the room, no more than that I would say. IMO i think 120 would be OK in that room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend just went to a wedding there.  Unfortunately I don't have many details, but I know it that the couple had it be a more casual wedding.  The food was set up buffet style and my friend said it was actually some of the best food she's had at a wedding.  I've never personally been though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next year and we are having 150. It fits up to 175. I went a couple months ago and it was set up for a wedding for 110 and it didn't look too empty or packed at all. If you have any more questions about NV send me a message!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next May and went to check it out set up a few weeks ago; the reception was set up for about 85 people and it looked EMPTY. We're going to have about 150, I think the last coordinator/person who was there set absolute maximum is 200, it would just be uncomfortable at that point haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my reception there last month!  We invited 180 which I was worried about, I was told that the room fits 160 max comfortably.  We ended up with 135 with a photobooth in the room and it was totally fine.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I would be more than happy to share all my info with you about it! :)  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_neshanic-valley-golf-course-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1e23e932-a64e-4be8-b99f-6f6b1aa23fe0Post:f2488ce9-ed3e-44b8-973b-cc4e5d86ccf2">Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend just went to a wedding there.  Unfortunately I don't have many details, but I know it that the couple had it be a more casual wedding.  The food was set up buffet style and my friend said it was actually some of the best food she's had at a wedding.  I've never personally been though.
    Posted by buttrflyah[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I wonder if this was my wedding!</div>
  • blondie briblondie bri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_neshanic-valley-golf-course-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1e23e932-a64e-4be8-b99f-6f6b1aa23fe0Post:b6530d28-9136-4446-9053-e0925689a4da">Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had my reception there last month!  We invited 180 which I was worried about, I was told that the room fits 160 max comfortably.  We ended up with 135 with a photobooth in the room and it was totally fine.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I would be more than happy to share all my info with you about it! :)  
    Posted by eleven29[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, I PM'd you :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks everyone! I wanted to love the space so badly and it's hard to picture it all set up when you're just touring during the day ... Does anyone have pics they wouldn't mind sharing?</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_neshanic-valley-golf-course-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1e23e932-a64e-4be8-b99f-6f6b1aa23fe0Post:cc97191a-718f-4a78-a1c5-6079adeac49b">Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course : Thanks, I PM'd you :) Thanks everyone! I wanted to love the space so badly and it's hard to picture it all set up when you're just touring during the day ... Does anyone have pics they wouldn't mind sharing?
    Posted by blondie bri[/QUOTE]

<div>PMed you back, I'd be happy to share my wedding pics!</div>
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_neshanic-valley-golf-course-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1e23e932-a64e-4be8-b99f-6f6b1aa23fe0Post:adce54d4-dec2-4e4b-bdbf-98f72e0ddc17">Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course : Haha, I wonder if this was my wedding!
    Posted by eleven29[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Nope :)  Going off your siggy pic... which btw is beatiful!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_neshanic-valley-golf-course-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1e23e932-a64e-4be8-b99f-6f6b1aa23fe0Post:e18f7236-6e25-41fe-934a-7bfae9787728">Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course : Nope :)  Going off your siggy pic... which btw is beatiful!
    Posted by buttrflyah[/QUOTE]

<div>Ahh, that woulda been awesome! And thank you so much! :)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Hey eleven29, would you mind sharing pics with me too? Im checking out the space on Saturday and hope to see it all set up but would be eternally grateful to see your pics! Also I'm trying to PM ya but the site isn't letting me for some reason...argh! They should really revamp that feature...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haven't been to a wedding there, but my parents live near there! beautiful area

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_neshanic-valley-golf-course-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1e23e932-a64e-4be8-b99f-6f6b1aa23fe0Post:34e0f1ff-d82b-4b53-a16d-dd8c6291a68f">Re: Neshanic Valley Golf Course</a>:
    [QUOTE]haven't been to a wedding there, but my parents live near there! beautiful area
    Posted by xstarx05x[/QUOTE]

<div>My parents live a mile away...which is part of the reason we chose it. We can take our photos on their wrap around porch. They live the historic section of South Branch. I can't wait!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards