Nevada-Las Vegas

Ceremony Music

So, my wedding package lets me select three songs for the ceremony, prelude, processional, and recessional.

Anyone want to share what you used?

I'm thinking...

Angel Eyes by Jim Brickman or To a Wild Rose by Julian Lloyd Webber for the prelude.

Pachelbel's Canon in D performed by Voices of Music for the processional.  (Always wanted to walk down the aisle to that)

And then go super contemporary for the recessional with 
Without You ft Usher by David Guetta.

Re: Ceremony Music

• I'm super obsessed with Vitamin String Quartet for our ceremony.  They have some great covers of pop songs.  All three of our songs will be recordings of VSQ :)
  • *and the spotify research begins!*
  • Oh oh oh!

Pachelbel's Canon in D for the Prelude.

Vitamin String Quartet's version of Can't Help Falling in Love for the Processional.

Without You ft Usher by David Guette for the Recessional.  (My mom even liked this one!)
  • Although we did really love Michael Buble's version of Can't Help Falling in Love... I just don't want to walk to anything with lyrics.
  • I'm also looking at VSQ or a piano cover of a few songs.  Not sure quite yet though just looking at options. 

I had originally thought of just using the songs but a lot of posts have said no lyrics...why is that?  Is it distracting?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ceremony-music-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:633b559c-08b2-4419-8cf6-674f81255002Post:ed0ddacf-bc7a-4fa7-bc19-d45745993639">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh oh oh! Pachelbel's Canon in D for the Prelude. <strong>Vitamin String Quartet's version of Can't Help Falling in Love for the Processional.</strong> Without You ft Usher by David Guette for the Recessional.  (My mom even liked this one!)
    Posted by jmp2004[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of using this song, too.  Perfect for Vegas :)  We might just have it at our reception.

I'm guessing yes on the lyrics (distracting).  I actually haven't attended a wedding where there were lyrics for the processional.  Granted, I've never been to a wedding in Vegas!
  • This thread made me look up VSQ on iTunes, as I was completely unfamiliar with them. I am loving "Landslide" and, oddly enough, "Stairway to heaven!" Who knew Zeppelin could sound so PRETTY! Even if VSQ doesn't end up at my wedding ceremony--I do for see a few songs making their way to my iPod! :) Thanks ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having U2 'sometimes you can't make it on your own' as processional and florence & the machines version of 'you've got the love' for the recessional
  • I also like Jon Schmidt's Pachelbel Meets U2 and Can't Help Falling in Love...  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We chose the keyboardist (Venus Garden).

For the Bridal Party- Michael Buble "Everything"

Bride- "Over the Rainbow"

And our exit-  Frank Sinatra "Strangers in the Night"

Growing by one more.... BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards