June 2013 Weddings

Best wedding profile sites

Hey Ladies-

Do any of you have a recommendation for a wedding website for our wedding planning/knotties? And a website that can be for my guest only. We are thinking about doing an online RSVP but I heard that the knot website for RSVP can be unreliable. Well I am asking for help- Does anyone know how to get a count down thingy

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best wedding profile sites

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_best-wedding-profile-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ecb51d35-b8b4-4d0e-bcde-4570930cfe94Post:9800dccc-129c-4125-9901-88505aca59d6">Best wedding profile sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies- Do any of you have a recommendation for a wedding website for our wedding planning/knotties? And a website that can be for my guest only. We are thinking about doing an online RSVP but I heard that the knot website for RSVP can be unreliable. Well I am asking for help- Does anyone know how to get a count down thingy
    Posted by T&D0707[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Edited ** Well I figured the ticker out** </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • People seem to be adamantly against online rsvp. It's hard for older guests who maybe aren't internet savvy and makes it extremely easy to guests to rsvp other people who aren't invited. Plus it's easier for people to remember to rsvp if they have something physical to filled out or mail back. I'd strong suggest not doing that. Read through some other boards, some girls have posted some horror stories about it. The one through the knot is apparently terrible and rsvp's don't always go through/show up/whatever. 

I'm not sure what kinds of websites you're asking about entirely. I use blogspot to update about planning and just use the free website through the knot for our wedding website for guests. It's not private though, so really anyone can see it.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you do use the knot wedding website you can password protect it. You will just have to give your guests an easy password to remember
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've also heard horror stories about online RSVP's. Most people will open up the wedding invitation and not realize that they have to go online to let it be known they are coming. I remember reading about one woman who had zero RSVPs a month before her wedding! 

I'd panic if in her shoes! 

Although it's more eco-friendly, I'd opt for the traditional RSVP cards. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using wedding window, we found it through our recently married friends. It isn't free, but the price is really not that bad (I think around 60 or 70 for 24 months, you pay according to how long you want the site up). I really like it, bc while I have a background in graphic design I don't have the time or desire to make a site from scratch, but this site really lets you customize things, I love it! FI really wants to do an online RSVP, I'm having second thoughts bc it really doesn't mesh with a formal wedding. But it looks fairly simple to do on wedding window. You can even remove your site from google searches so only ppl that receive the link from you can access the site. Also, if we do wind up doing the online rsvps we will be printing out response cards for the few ppl we know cant/won't do an online RSVP, just a suggestion :)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_best-wedding-profile-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ecb51d35-b8b4-4d0e-bcde-4570930cfe94Post:b673a844-4410-4172-919b-e8837d0d5a39">Re: Best wedding profile sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]People seem to be adamantly against online rsvp. It's hard for older guests who maybe aren't internet savvy and makes it extremely easy to guests to rsvp other people who aren't invited. Plus it's easier for people to remember to rsvp if they have something physical to filled out or mail back. I'd strong suggest not doing that. Read through some other boards, some girls have posted some horror stories about it. The one through the knot is apparently terrible and rsvp's don't always go through/show up/whatever.  I'm not sure what kinds of websites you're asking about entirely. I use blogspot to update about planning and just use the free website through the knot for our wedding website for guests. It's not private though, so really anyone can see it.
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

I agree. My parents aren't that internet savy either. They can use it but still fairly new to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards