Illinois-Chicago

hair and make-up recs.

I am looking for recommendations for onsite hair and make-up (wedding in Elk Grove). 
 I want to stay under $200 for me and as close to $100 as possible for bridesmaids.  I also have only 3 bridesmaids and maybe my mother, so it has to be someplace that does not have a high minimum (I've seen a few places that requires services for 6+ to come to your location).  I also would prefer someone who does airbrush.

I was all set to book a vendor who is frequently recommended on this board (not sure if I should name them), but after three emails over three weeks asking for a contract, an address  to send in a deposit and to shecdule a trial, I think I have to move on.

I have seen some recommendations for Sharon Daniel salon out of Schaumburg has anyone worked with them?  

Re: hair and make-up recs.

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Blend Beauty (formerly Cynthia Sally). Maris did make up for me, two bridesmaids and my mom; so the minimum is four applications. They do airbrush and it was $130 for me ($85 trial) and $85 for other applications.
  • amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Bridal Beauty salon - they were awesome!  I think they travel to the suburbs although they're located in the city.
    imageAnniversary
  • BlueEyedIrishBlueEyedIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married on 11/19 and my vendors were amazing! I highly suggest them and they were extremely reasonable.  Both of them negotiated their pricing for me since I was married during a slow time so talk with them and see what they offer.   Suzy with Hairspray Revolution – 708-307-3097 – She does a lot of trendy styles but also traditional ones.  She was hard to keep in touch with occasionally which can drive you crazy but when I talked with her about it she totally did a 180 change.  She was their on time (early even) and finished everyone’s hair the way they wanted it.  I was highly impressed. I think I paid $140 including my trial and the girls were $50. Maria – works for Mac counter but freelances as well – I think her price originally was around $125 or so for makeup but that includes your trial.  The girl’s makeup was $60.  Everyone includes lashes.  She was amazing.  She is great at communicating with you before the wedding.  Was early and very calming as I was freaking out about time.  I highly recommend her.   Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    What venue in Elk Grove are you using?? We are getting married in ELk Grove also  =)
  • edited December 2011
    Amber I used Sharon Daniels for Make-up (Candice).  I went to my hair salon to get my hair styled, but then met Candice downtown at the hotel that the wedding was at.  She did my make-up (airbrush) as well as the make-up for 2 BM, my mom and the MOG.  She was really nice...a bit talkative....but did a great job.  She even fixed my mom's hair (my hair salon did a horrible job of making her look like Marge Simpson--actually they did a great job of making her look like that, but that's not a good thing).  Candice tamed the hair and fixed it for her at no extra charge.  The only recommendation I have is the scheduling.  I went to the salon for the trial and then coordinated the schedule for the wedding day.  They recommended that the bride go last so that her make-up is the freshest.  Do NOT do that.  I should have gone before the mothers so that I could get dressed in the time the mothers were getting done.  As I mentioned, Candice is very friendly and got a little behind on the timing.  By the time she started on me, I should have already been downstairs for first look.  I was about an hour late for getting in the limo to do pictures which then had be to shortened in time so that we could get back to the hotel.

To make a long story short (I know....too late!), I WOULD recommend them.  They were very good and reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_hair-up-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:0652c458-7627-4625-85cc-325df28e6b79Post:55f10e88-940b-4638-8935-2b923d9ff973">Re: hair and make-up recs.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What venue in Elk Grove are you using?? We are getting married in ELk Grove also  =)
    Posted by snn07102011[/QUOTE]

<div>We're getting married at the Belvedere.  What about you?</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for all the recs, ladies!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards