Chit Chat

Trading In

I am pretty sure today I am ready to trade my FI in for another model....doesn't have to be younger, skinniner, richer...just needs to not be the one i have.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trading In

• This is a weird post.  I would never trade my fiance in. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • It is really in sarcasm...everything he is doing is annoying me..he is sniffling and won't blow his nose, he is whining about everything....it is one of those moment like your mom and dad used to say...i brought you into this world, i'll take you out....well that is exactly what it is like....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:8c6984a7-dfd1-4621-86fa-544f8680b56d">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is really in sarcasm...everything he is doing is annoying me..he is sniffling and won't blow his nose, he is whining about everything....it is one of those moment like your mom and dad used to say...<strong>i brought you into this world, i'll take you out....well that is exactly what it is like...</strong>.
    Posted by smilesavy[/QUOTE]
    1.  Periods are your friends.  It is perfectly acceptable to end a sentence.

2.  But you didn't bring him into this world because you're not his mother.  So this is just kinda weird.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Is he sick? Aren't you a sweetheart . . .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:8c6984a7-dfd1-4621-86fa-544f8680b56d">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is really in sarcasm...everything he is doing is annoying me..he is sniffling and won't blow his nose, he is whining about everything....it is one of those moment like your mom and dad used to say...i brought you into this world, i'll take you out....well that is exactly what it is like....
    Sounds like you need a bit away from him.  Go for a walk, go get a coffee, and then come bak. 
  • Wow.  I guess I never realized people don't get annoyed with their signifigant others. You can love people dearly, but they still annoy you.  And he is hitting every branch on the annoying tree.  Obviously the sense of humor is not hot tonight.  My apologizes for offending people.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no, DH annoys me sometimes--especially when he's sick but I don't joke about trading him in and then likening myself to his mother.  To each their own.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Sarcasm is harder to detect when all you have to go off of is what is typed, which is why most things get taken literally on these boards.

Assuming that you weren't serious about trading him in, I can understand this feeling every once and a while. Having lived with FI almost three years now, I definitely have had days when I've been annoyed by everything. When that happens I just try to acknowledge my mood and accept it for what it is (reminding myself that this is about me, not him), and figure out something to do by myself.  Sometimes this can be going for a walk, talking on the phone to someone else, reading a book, etc. But being an inner fat kid, I like to eat my emotions so often times a hot n' gooey chocolate dessert will turn me right around. Are you sure you're not just hungry? ;-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:92448b01-a043-429e-8764-e50740e4a39d">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarcasm is harder to detect when all you have to go off of is what is typed, which is why most things get taken literally on these boards. Assuming that you weren't serious about trading him in, I can understand this feeling every once and a while. Having lived with FI almost three years now, I definitely have had days when I've been annoyed by everything . When that happens I just try to acknowledge my mood and accept it for what it is (reminding myself that this is about me, not him), and figure out something to do by myself.  Sometimes this can be going for a walk, talking on the phone to someone else, reading a book, etc.<strong> But being an inner fat kid, I like to eat my emotions so often times a hot n' gooey chocolate dessert will turn me right around. Are you sure you're not just hungry? ;-)</strong>
    Posted by goobersinlove[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ok, that just made me LOL!!!  I am not serious about trading him in...We have been together for 13 years, lived together for 5 years.  Tonight just happens to be one of those nights that he is annoying me.  But man, does that hot n' gooey chocolate dessert sound pretty damn incredible right now!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:45c70acd-171b-449a-8ed3-3d8e1e98af99">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never wanted to trade in Mr. Lucy, but he can be a bit dramatic when he's sick.  I'm not talking about when he's been seriously ill -- those times he's been too sick to do anything irritating.  But if he gets a teensy little headache, it's like he has the vapors.  He won't keep his eyes open, and his voice gets all faint and whispery.  I fully expect that he will break out some line like, "If I don't...make it...tell the kids...I love them."
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]
    Why does it always seem that, IMO, men are much bigger babies when they are sick than women?  When I get sick I don't whine or expect to be taken care of.  I generally just stay in bed or watch tv, maybe ask fiance to buy some soup or popsicles but that's about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:0d79266f-8274-4b90-bb65-51d046ff1e16">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading In : <strong>Why does it always seem that, IMO, men are much bigger babies when they are sick than women?</strong>  When I get sick I don't whine or expect to be taken care of.  I generally just stay in bed or watch tv, maybe ask fiance to buy some soup or popsicles but that's about it.
    Posted by ChristineNB[/QUOTE]

It's called a man cold. Haha men are riduculous when they get the sniffles.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I wouldn't trade my FI in for anyone else, even if he was making me mad.  

And yeah, men are the biggest babies when it comes to any kind of illness.  I can't count the number of times mine has turned into a pile of mush over a headace or a stomach ache. Oh well. 
  • Good God, lighten up people.  I'd trade half of you in.  

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:8c6984a7-dfd1-4621-86fa-544f8680b56d">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is really in sarcasm...everything he is doing is annoying me..he is sniffling and won't blow his nose, he is whining about everything....<strong>it is one of those moment like your mom and dad used to say...i brought you into this world, i'll take you out</strong>....well that is exactly what it is like....

<div>Interesting.  My mom and dad never said anything like this to me or my sister.</div><div>
    </div><div>Anyway, I would never want to trade in FI no matter how annoyed I am at him.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I completely understand where you are coming from OP.

My parents have been married for 35 very happy and wonderful years but my Mom has told me that there have been days that even though she loves him dearly, she just didn't like my Dad very much.  I have certainly had these days with my H (we have been together 10 years and just got married last year...lived together for 3 years).  Some days, no matter what he does he just annoys the heck out of me and I know that it works both ways as well.

And why does it seem like the days that he is irritating me the most, he knows it and then continues to press my buttons?  It is like he gets enjoyment out of irritating me LOL!

OP, on days like these I tend to either do a time consuming, crafty project or go shopping.  Both keep me occupied and away from my H. 

Some days you just need your space.  There is just no way a couple can go 50+ years without getting annoyed, fighting, arguing or just plain not liking each other once in awhile.  And for those that say they never fight or get mad or yell or get annoyed with their SO, well they are either crazy or lying.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:e6abb8bd-fa95-4bc5-8abb-106505d303f7">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good God, lighten up people.  I'd trade half of you in.  
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

HAHAH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OP - I get it.

I'm a happily married MOB and "our" favorite pastime is trying to figure out who is going to collect the other one's life insurance first. I still insist I will be the winner here.  We have joked about this since the day we were married and sometimes we forget we are out in public when we make a comment about it.  We have gotten some rather unusual glances from people.

He is an engineer and is rather gifted with chemicals and power tools. (manual tools if he is in a bind, but he prefers power tools.)  He is always offering to take care of any ache, pain,or malady of which I might complain.

I on the other hand just spent 26 years in the military, have friends with tanks and accessibility to a multitude of arsenals.  I think I will win this one.

There will be plenty of days when a trade-in could hold appeal - just remember that you would have to start the training process all over again.  That is enough to snap me back into insurance money mode.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:6e025e72-7eaf-461c-a5f3-0dabd22291dc">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]I completely understand where you are coming from OP. My parents have been married for 35 very happy and wonderful years but my Mom has told me that there have been days that even though she loves him dearly, she just didn't like my Dad very much.  I have certainly had these days with my H (we have been together 10 years and just got married last year...lived together for 3 years).  Some days, no matter what he does he just annoys the heck out of me and I know that it works both ways as well. And why does it seem like the days that he is irritating me the most, he knows it and then continues to press my buttons?  It is like he gets enjoyment out of irritating me LOL! OP, on days like these I tend to either do a time consuming, crafty project or go shopping.  Both keep me occupied and away from my H.  Some days you just need your space.  There is just no way a couple can go 50+ years without getting annoyed, fighting, arguing or just plain not liking each other once in awhile.  And for those that say they never fight or get mad or yell or get annoyed with their SO, well they are either crazy or lying.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

Isn't it great to have parents to look at for this kind of example.  My parents also just celebrated their 36th wedding anniversary!!  And that is also the thing my mom taugh me, some days you are gonna like him and other days you are gonna hate em but at the end of the day as long as you still love him that is what matters.  I typically do my best to ignore him because like for H he finds enjoyment in annoying me but last night I was at the end of my rope.  We both try not to take life to seriously because it could all be gone tomorrow and we want to have fun and enjoy each other.  I used to think fighting, arguing and not like each other was the way relationship should be, but then I realized that isn't realistic.  That no matter who the two people are if you put them into a relationship for long enough they will fight, they will argue.  Once I understood that I became a lot more comfortable being myself and our relationship improved dramatically. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tho id never trade him for the world, when my FI eats soup or noodles or anything along those lines he makes this vacuuming kinda slurping noise, it irritates the hell out of me and i wanna tell him to stop lol, but I don't, because i know i probably do things that drive him crazy too but i get what your saying. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:8c6984a7-dfd1-4621-86fa-544f8680b56d">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is really in sarcasm...everything he is doing is annoying me..<strong>he is sniffling and won't blow his nose, </strong>he is whining about everything....it is one of those moment like your mom and dad used to say...i brought you into this world, i'll take you out....well that is exactly what it is like....

This and slurping anything? Justifiable homicide in my book. And I <em>will</em> tell my H to knock it the fcuk off... after I've thrown a box of Kleenex at his head.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:7330d75c-467e-43f7-bfe0-8c67b5edc199">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading In : Interesting.  My mom and dad never said anything like this to me or my sister. Anyway, I would never want to trade in FI no matter how annoyed I am at him.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

Lighten up, Francis.

Even if they never said it, I guarantee there were days they didn't like you or your sister.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:dc672375-1ea8-421d-b352-0ce7b4499494">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading In : This and slurping anything? Justifiable homicide in my book. And I will tell my H to knock it the fcuk off... after I've thrown a box of Kleenex at his head.
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

It isn't just sniffling...it is like you suck that in any harder and your brains are going to come out of your ears!  I may have to try throwing a box of kleenex...it may work :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:9530e138-a48f-4afd-8276-ac8c7d19215d">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading In : Lighten up, Francis. Even if they never said it, I guarantee there were days they didn't like you or your sister.

Hahaha.

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_trading-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0f572404-c032-407b-b15e-dc7db540b30bPost:9530e138-a48f-4afd-8276-ac8c7d19215d">Re: Trading In</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading In : Lighten up, Francis. Even if they never said it, I guarantee there were days they didn't like you or your sister.

<div>Oh I'm absolutely positive they thought it!  I just can't imagine them ever actually saying anything like that.  I was honestly shocked when I read OP's post about that - I really never heard of anyone's parents saying anything like that before.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Anyway...</div><div>The thing that annoys me the most about FI is when he watches TV while I'm trying to fall asleep.  Mostly because he'll choose shows like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  I love the show, but Charlie's voice is the most god awful thing to listen to while trying to fall asleep.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards