African American Weddings

A little drama and a BIG AW (flowers)

Why the drama?  Why me? I just mailed my wedding intivations on Tuesday.  FI's aunt just called to let me know she got it (that was fast!).  Well, apparently a cousin of FI's was over the aunt's house when she got the mail.  She made a comment about needing to get something to wear and the cousin hollers.... ME TOO!  Um.... dear cousin, your name is not on the invitation.  So, auntie calls me to let me know that cousin would like to come too.  Huh???  I was so glad that FI said no (this cousin has a sister and 3 brothers, and they all have a bunch of bad ass kids.... can you imagine the domino effect?)  Y'all better not start this ish!!

On a positive note, I just got the approval photos from my florist for my bouquets and altar arrangements.  I love them!!  Our colors are charcoal and yellow. My bouquet is designed with yellow and white callas, roses, lillies and snapgragons with hypericum berry accents.She will add a bling buckle to my stems after I approve everything.  My BMs are carrying yellow callas, lillies, snaps with a few berries. I am using Angel's Accents.  They are all real touch flowers.  She sent me some sample of the flowers months ago and I took them with me when I went dress shopping.... my sister thought they were real!

My flowers:

Re: A little drama and a BIG AW (flowers)

• edited December 2011
    Those are pretty! I had to re-read your post to figure out if they were real or not!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, the bouquet looks real.  Love it.  It is gorgeous.  Next, better tell your cousin to quit playin'!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Your flowers are very pretty.  Nice and full, will look great in your pictures!

Gotta love family, keep to your guest and you should be fine. 
  • edited December 2011
    Bouquet is gorgeous!!! I sent out invites last week and have started getting the drama and rsvp's back. Chile boo, tell cuz to quit playing. And sit down some where. I am frim on this list and rsvp'ing, there is no point in me backing out now, I stressed enough about the list to begin with. AND I still have a b list to contend with if I get any no's back (which I haven't YET). Hun dont stress aboutthat part, let em stew, lol. BUT those flowers DO look so real!!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW those flowers look soooo real!!!  Beautiful!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Noooo I hope the drama doesn't start! I can't look at your flowers cause I'm at work but I will look tonight.  They sound beautiful!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Your flowers are very pretty and let's prayer the invitation drama subside.  Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What? I thought they were real. Those are beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    wow... there are great! The drama sucks... tell cousin to back off and tell auntie (respectfully) to keep her invitation tucked away and her closed (respectfully to your aunt)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very beautiful flowers! We tried to dodge your drama issue by mailing invitations to people instead of hand delivering but people still showed off the invitation. And my poor mom had to deal with people askinig if they could come too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those flowers are beautiful. I am sending my invites out this weekend and I hope we don't have any drama.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Those flowers are gorgeous and your colors sound awesome also!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • edited December 2011

Your flowers look BEAUTIFUL!!!...the first florist I went to tried using fakes and they were HORRIBLE!!!

And great colors! (those are my colors as well...with a hint of eggplant since its in the fall)!

• edited December 2011
    I love your colors and your flowers are gorgeous! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards