• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

I wish I'd known

What do you wish you would have known about your wedding or wedding planning a year ago?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I wish I'd known

• I wish I would have known that most of my FI's family weren't going to come.  We had so many other people that we would have liked to invite. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How much everything would be and that Brides Maids are actually needed. :)
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I wish I would have known how unconcerned with "etiquette" Ironman would be. 

• I wish I would have known better than to invite all of the extended family that my mom wanted...we never see them and I would much rather be surrounded by friends.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • that my wedding was going to go bad so i could have saved the money, woulda just gone to the jp and take the money i wasted on the wedding and gone on a honeymoon.
  • i wish i'd known how many nos we'd get back. we really could have had a smaller, cheaper wedding and saved for other things but we're locked into a venue that has a minimum $ amount.
    also, that the salon attached to the hotel is not that good -- i would have not bothered with them and gone with my stylist's recommendation in the first place! just b/c it's fancy does not mean it's good.

Anniversary image<br
  • Hmmm.....one year ago.....how about when we would be engaged?  :)
    (we did our planning in just under 8 months)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I wish I would have cut the guest-list down one more time before sending out invites.  There are plenty of people on there that I haven't spoken to in over a year and would have loved to have someone else in their places.
    Anniversary
  • I wish I would have understood how fast it really does go by! I know we all have been told that, but you never really realize it until it's here!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_wish-id-known?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:eedd4ad8-c923-4441-af95-aa7173b9e3ddPost:5a85ed2a-2af6-46dd-83dd-8ea011194e55">Re: I wish I'd known</a>:
    [QUOTE]that my wedding was going to go bad so i could have saved the money, woulda just gone to the jp and take the money i wasted on the wedding and gone on a honeymoon.
    Posted by futuremrsbriandouglas[/QUOTE]

Aw sweetie! What happened?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I would have that so many people would back out at the last moment. I would have invited more of our friends that I know would have been there. I also wish I would have known that this was going to be more stressful and more expensive then I thought it would be!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I had known about the family drama from FI's side beforehand.  
  • I wish I would have known:
    1) that my usual stylist wasn't going to do a good job on my hair. I would have looked for someone else a long time ago
    2) that I'm marrying into a pesty family. Our wedding brought out the worst in FI's family & although I'm glad that we're finally getting married... I'm not happy about becoming a part of his crazy family.
    Anniversary
  • edited April 2011
    Hmmm...I didn't even know my FI a year ago and meeting him was the most wonderful surprise ever.  I wouldn't want to have ruined that surprise, so I guess nothing! :)
    image 80 Invited
    image 64 Yes
    image 14 No
    image 2 Haven't made it to the mailbox
  • Some days, I really wish we had just gone to the courthouse and saved all that money. 
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_wish-id-known?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:644Discussion:eedd4ad8-c923-4441-af95-aa7173b9e3ddPost:18258d44-a2fe-47d3-acd3-57bafe44749d">Re: I wish I'd known</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some days, I really wish we had just gone to the courthouse and saved all that money.  Posted by ~Tuck~[/QUOTE]

Um ya! The drama on FI's side of the family has made us regret not having had a destination wedding in the carribbean with just the two of us and maybe a  handful of guests.
    Anniversary
  • I've only been engaged 8 months too, I guess a longer engagement would have been nice so we could have saved more and done more. And given more thought to the last minute details that are freaking me out right now!
  • That so many people were going to say no to coming.  We are not having nearly as many people coming as we thought we were going to have.  Plus dealing with all the stupid family drama on FI's dads side of his family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I'd known the river was going to flood and pushed the wedding to May, I wish I'd kown we weren't going to Jamaica to get married and I wish I'd known my stylist couldn't do my hair!
    Anniversary
  • Def wished we would have known how many people said they were going to come and then RSVP no! And how flaky some people. This wedding has put some people on my crap list!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_wish-id-known?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:eedd4ad8-c923-4441-af95-aa7173b9e3ddPost:18258d44-a2fe-47d3-acd3-57bafe44749d">Re: I wish I'd known</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some days, I really wish we had just gone to the courthouse and saved all that money. 
    Posted by ~Tuck~[/QUOTE]

YEP!!!! ME TOO!!!!! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm Tuck as well. Should have just gone to Vegas and told everyone on my guest list if you want to come, come!
    image Anniversary
  • I wish I hadnt bought an expensive dress and I wish that I wouldnt worry so much!!! I am marrying my best friend in 3 weeks!! Yipppeee :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That we were getting engaged! (we'll only be engaged 8 months before we get married)

Also I wish we knew that we would get a lot more "no" responses than we originally expected. I wish I could have invited more friends instead of wasting invitations on distant relatives who decide at the last minute not to come. :(
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_wish-id-known?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:644Discussion:eedd4ad8-c923-4441-af95-aa7173b9e3ddPost:d5eece1b-2325-4b36-a731-d880c0224c03">Re: I wish I'd known</a>:
    [QUOTE]Def wished we would have known how many people said they were going to come and then RSVP no! And how flaky some people. This wedding has put some people on my crap list!
    Posted by linzmike2011[/QUOTE]

agree. AGREE AGREE AGREE. agree. did i say agree?
  • i agree about the city hall thing. I also wish i would have known what a huge control freak my step mother was going to be about this whole thing. I dont feel like im enjoying the planning process anymore since she really got involved.  she thinks she has every littke detail planned. She made me bring my wedding shoes to her house yesterday and forgot to bring them to the office so we could take them to the freaking final fitting so we had to leave early and go get the shoes. Thinks of everything my ass. I wish i  would have known how wedding planning brings out the worst in people and you learn who your friedns are.  I am over this and just want to be done with this already. I know that sounds so bad.
  • I would tell past me that although you have given your MIL every person on her list, she will add another 20.  No matter how much you think this will please her because she complains about FI brother's wedding where they made her shorten her list it will not please her and she will  try to add another 2 (to the 20 she has slowly added), when your FI puts his foot down, your FIL will ask to see the guest list and offer to pay for the 2 plates.

*sigh*

pretty much ditto on the in-law dramas that become even worse with this pre-wedding time.

Oh also.... I would tell past me that my FI is going to get laid off in the spring, do not sign that contract because you will be unable to afford it, have to cancel it, forfeit your deposit, and replan your wedding in 6-7 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish I would have know a year ago that we were going to get married! (we decided to get married in October)

I also wish I would have known that:

• I could have had the wedding in January (although I love you girls! (I have to always add that in...lol) ) instead of pushing it back 4 months.
    • I wish I would have known that my photographer was going to be put on bedrest.
    • That my family wasn't going to start hitting me with ideas and "help" until 3 weeks before the wedding.
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_wish-id-known?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:eedd4ad8-c923-4441-af95-aa7173b9e3ddPost:935bcdc6-34ab-4db7-8a69-f94ac0e968c8">Re: I wish I'd known</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Tuck as well. Should have just gone to Vegas and told everyone on my guest list if you want to come, come!
    Posted by ElleestJenn[/QUOTE]

This is what our original plan was, but then "going to Vegas" became a desitnation wedding in Vegas, and it has just as much stress and b.s. as any wedding. I am still fantasizing about just running off with my FI and getting married without anyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_wish-id-known?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:eedd4ad8-c923-4441-af95-aa7173b9e3ddPost:f283be28-b01d-406e-b015-743e06d0de82">Re: I wish I'd known</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I would have known: 1) that my usual stylist wasn't going to do a good job on my hair. I would have looked for someone else a long time ago 2) <strong>that I'm marrying into a pesty family. Our wedding brought out the worst in FI's family & although I'm glad that we're finally getting married... I'm not happy about becoming a part of his crazy family.
    </strong>Posted by chrissyann02[/QUOTE]

This big time....the bad part is I knew ahead of time that his mother was going to act a fool. I can't wait to marry Ian but certainly not looking forward to being a part of his family.

Cassandra
    <a href="http://www.bridewithquestions.blogspot.com/">www.bridewithquestions.blogspot.com</a>
    image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards