New Jersey

feedback

Hi ladies,

Doing some research for a friend.  Can you all give feedback/ experiences/ thoughts on Somerset Hills Hotel in Warren? For catering/weding and rooms.

Re: feedback

• Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Never been there for a wedding, but my sister got married at the Primavera and used it for hotel blocks. I thought it was fine.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a Bridal show there.  The rooms were gorgeous but I thought the ballroom was a litle small.  Food was VERY good though
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My sister got married there in 2000.  It was a nice experience.  Food was terrific, rooms were nice (I think they may have even remodeled since then, but I didn't look upstairs when I was there for the bridal show last month).  

The reason the ballroom looked small, pp, is because of the bright red uplighting that was set up at the bridal show.  That would make any room look much smaller.  Plus they may have partitioned the room at the show.   I remember the room feeling much larger and more airy at my sister's wedding (which was I think about 150 guests).  

Anyway, you can have private garden ceremony in the back and cocktail hour on an outdoor verandah (or inside).   And, a perk for guests who check in early, outdoor swimming pool (nowhere near ceremony site).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

They run very cheap deals- so be sure to get one if that is where you go.  Its just an okay standard hotel ballroom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards