Colorado-Denver

engagement photo sites?

I might be having our engagement photos shot here in Colorado... we can go anywhere within a 2 hour radius of Denver. We are looking at the weekend before Thanksgiving. I'm not a local and the places we love are Rocky Mtn NP and old towne Arvada, and Denver Botanic Gardens but I can't picture where to do photos there in November (wish it was May).

Anyone have ideas? I was thinking maybe Golden? Just not inspired... I know places in my hometown not here.

Re: engagement photo sites?

• HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took our engagement photos in Nov of last year at Denver Botanic Gardens at Charfield. Fall/winter has a beauty all it's own and they turned out great! I actually used several of our photos from that shoot for our Xmas card this year! Some people do them in a cute little downtown of one of the cities around Denver. I live in Parker and they have a great downtown for photo ops. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There are some nice parks in downtown Denver that might be good. Our photographer recomended Commons Park downtown since over there you can get a good mixture of park pictures, and also some more urban pics of the city.

Downtown Littleton is nice for pictures as well. It's got a little small town feel to it, but isn't out of the way at all. You can even take the lightrail from Denver down there.

The DU campus has lots of pretty places too. Old historic buildings that are really nice to take photos at. When I went to school there, there were always couples taking photos around campus.

We decided to do our engagement pics at Red Rocks, since we're more outdoorsy and that place has lots of memories for us. I'm not sure if that would work for getting your pics done, but you may want to check it out.

Good luck!

• SayMHSayMH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We had our engagement pictures taken at Wash Park, and they looked great. There's a lot of potential for good photos what with the lakes, bridges, trees, and gardens (hopefully the flowers are still alive over there; I'm not sure).
  • edited December 2011

16th street mall?

downtown littleton (my HOOD, whoop whoop JK)

hertiage square?

red rocks

chatfield botanic gardens (just went there for the first time last weekend, SO pretty)

city park

sloan's lake

oooh, tiny town!!

boulder area

downtown colorado springs

HTH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ksheeksksheeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you felt like getting out into the mountains, there's plenty of great spots within 2 hours drive.  You mentioned RMNP/Estes Park - we did our engagement photos there in March.  It was definitely chilly but we had a blast just driving around/exploring.  Here's some photos from that shoot:

I'd also highly recommend the Silverthorne area, which is where we had our wedding (it's about an hour west of Denver on I70).  We had our "reveal" moment off Ute Pass road just a few miles past Silverthorne off Hwy 9 and it had some of the most spectacular mt views I've ever seen.  Also, the town of Silverthorne has a very cool litte pathway through the town with various cute bridges over a creek that would also make for nice photos, finally, there's the Dillon Reservoir nearby with good lake/mountain backdrops - in other words, tons of photos opportunities.  :)  Have fun!

Here's a photo from our reveal location off Ute Pass Highway:

• edited December 2011
    So amazingly awesome... thanks for the ideas. I never even thought about the Chatfield gardens even though I go to the Denver Gardens all the time. I love the example picts of Rocky Mountain. 

We are definately outdoorsy people. I've also thought maybe I should look at the School of Mines in Golden. And red rocks is a definate possibility. We'll see if the photographer ends up coming out here :-) 

Thanks again
  • edited December 2011
    I love the old pearl street district, or 16th street. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards