Wedding Woes

So, it's official.

I have eye issues. I have known this fact since 2nd grade, but hey glasses made it all better. Then, I begged my parents for contacts in the 9th grade. Yay!

I know I told you guys about the swelling behind my retina two years ago. Yes, it is much better, but still not 100% This was in my right eye.

I went for a checkup on Monday, and I have a tear in my retina of my left eye. I'm gonig to have to have lazer surgery to repair when I get back from my trip. Boo

It seems that my nearsightedness is causing issues as I get older. Plus, my grandfather is blind, and I may have some heredity issues.

So, I'm trying to ease up on the computer, and the Knot format just doesn't work for the ol' eyes. I moved my computer screen closer, but it makes me strain.

I'll pop on from time to time, but I throw my vote in for moving to the nest, and I hate the nest.

Re: So, it's official.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Nola.  Apparently retinal tears and detachments are more common in people with severe nearsidedness and it most certainly has a hereditary element.  My dad and sister have both had detachments and successful repairs.  Good luck to you.

(I'm just waiting for mine to detach)
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry NOLA. I hope everything gets repaired easily.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll keep ya posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards