Florida-North Florida

Day of Coordinator

I am getting married at Club Continental on April 27th 2012.  I am seriously considering hiring a DOC and wanted to get some opinions/thoughts on this service.  My florist/event designer gave me a quote of $1500 for her to act as a DOC, but this may just be a bit high for our (already blown) budget.

Any suggestions for a DOC?  I've heard good things about Candace Williams, but have not contacted her for a quote as of yet.

Re: Day of Coordinator

• edited December 2011

Have you tried getting information from Premier Butterfly Events? I believe her starting budget is around $500 (give or take). This is who I am using as mine (price was different because Im having them custom make my invitations also). The coordinators there are Amber, Carol, and Christina. Website is www.PremierButterflyEvents.com. Just make sure you tell them you are a knottie.

• edited December 2011
    If you have a designer who will handle the decor, you may not need one. With one big "if" If you have a DJ who is also an MC who works with you on the order of events & takes the roll of leading your guests thru the event. Our DJ helped us create our timeline. He took the responsibility of making sure things happened when they should and flowed nicely. Like you we had a decorator to make sure the room was set the flowers & cake arrived, etc... Then our DJ kind of hosted the reception & communicated with all the vendors to make sure everything flowed smoothly. 

I guess it depends on what you want your DOC to do. I talked to a few priced between  $750 to $1000. I decided what I wanted from a DOC my DJ & his wife were going to do. My DJ was 3 x's the price we expected to pay but so worth it. Not having to hire a DOC made it easier to afford them. We had the luxury of direct experience for them so we knew in advance they were awesome & worth it.

I saw your post about DJ's so maybe when you meet with the DJ you can ask him how much he handles that. 

Hope this helps! I am not trying to talk you out of hiring one but if you have people who can handle what they would then no sense in over hiring & over spending. 
  • baileykmbaileykm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Candace Williams for our wedding, and I cannot recommend her enough! She gives a discount for club continental, and will save you a boatload based on the quote you got. She is friendly, professional, and made the evening perfect! We ended up losing power for the whole reception, and she ran the whole event so smoothly! Let me know if you need any more examples, but she made the wedding such a perfect event despite horrible circumstances!
  • edited December 2011
    baileykm, do you have contact info for Candice Williams? I can't find any info on her anywhere, but would like to contact her from your review. 

Thank you!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, do you have an email for Candace Williams?  And, if you don't mind me asking, what is her price point for DOC? 

An assistant to Carla Sparks at CC also offers DOC services very reasonably, which I found out yesterday.  She charges about $450.  Not sure if this would include moving flowers from the ceremony area inside to the reception, etc?!?  Anyway, we did meet with a DJ last night and he specfically said he works with vendors/guests to keep everyone on a timeline.
  • edited December 2011
    mcollins2, can you please pass on more info about your contact who charges $450? TIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • baileykmbaileykm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The email address I have for her is will5563@comcast.net You can also contact her by calling the winterbourne. For her just working the wedding and general setup, she was less than $450 (from a quote one year ago). We also had her hire an assistant because we had so much setup. I dont know the exact amount, but total for her plus an assistant for setup, was probably around the $450 mark. Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your prompt reply! Most appreciated!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Adair Currie of Your Wedding Weekender! Very reasonable prices and amazing service.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am meeting with Adair on Friday!  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards