Canada-Ontario

How to greet guests with no gap for photoshoot

I need to know what to do because we booked the ceremony to start at 4:00pm and cocktail to start at 5:00 and reception at 6:00. If we do the photoshoot during cocktail hour then how are we suppose to be there to greet the guests if they are already there before us??? 

I was so concern about the gap for our guests that I never thought about the time for our pictures!!  Help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Re: How to greet guests with no gap for photoshoot

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it a sit down dinner? Do table visits during dinner! They'll love it - it gives you more time to chat and mingle than a receiving line.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • lycindylycindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is a sit down dinner.  We were planning to table visits becuase it's a Chinese custom...but do your really think it's okay without a recieving line? 

What do you think about taking the pictures at a later date?
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's OK to skip the receiving line, really. Most brides choose one or the other.

I would strongly advise against doing the photos another day. Only a photo shoot on the day of will really capture the excitement and happiness of THAT DAY. I know a lot of Chinese brides do a separate photo shoot before the wedding, and other brides do TTD afterwards, but it's just not the same as wedding day photos. Besides, after your wedding day you're not going to want to get all dressed up again, much less all your family and bridal party.

You can do the photos before the ceremony, or else just skip the receiving line since you're doing table visits anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our photos before the ceremony to ease our gap.

You can also do a receiving line when transitioning from the cocktail hour to the rececption, I have seen that before. The bride & groom did an 'entrance' at the cocktail hour, mingled a little, then did the receiving line before guests were seated for dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be having pictures after the ceremony and will joining our guests at the cocktail hour to mingle for a bit before the wedding.  Once dinner is on the go we'll do some table visiting.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We skipped the receiving line and did table visits, and we aren't very big on dancing so we visited with people during the dance portion, too.
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey there
    I have the same time frame as you.  Ceremony at 4:00pm dinner at 6:30pm.  We are doing our photos right outside the venue on the grounds then we will come back and chat with our guests for 30 minutes of the cocktail time.  We are not doing a formal receiving line; we are only having 140 pll.  Our ushers will take care of the bousta/money box. 

Where is your venue?  How many guests do you have.  If the wedding is small can you do the same and take pics right outside the venue and come back for 5:45for a short receiving line or mingle for 15 mins? 

At the end of the day I would say scrap the receiving line if you can it will be less stress on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards