Missouri-Kansas City

Venue for small reception - help!

I'm looking for a venue for a small reception 80-100 ppl on a short notice (ideally on the KS side - OP, Olathe, Lenexa....)  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ladies!

Re: Venue for small reception - help!

• edited December 2011
    We have a similar size guest list. We liked A Frog Prince in Harrisonville, MO, the Lenexa Conference Center and check the local community centers in OP, Shawnee, and Mission. 
  • edited December 2011
    How short notice? It depends on what you are looking for -- we looked at over 30 places and couldn't find anything worthwhile in the JoCo area. We were staying away from hotels, conference centers, and golf courses so if you want your venue in one of those there are tons. If you want to go with a more urban, loft feel or a more unique space, you will probably have to go to KC. 
    The Terrace on the Green was the nicest place we looked at -- it is in Leawood, but it was out of our budget. They were pretty nice there though!

• edited December 2011

The lenexa conference center is perfect for that size and I believe the price is pretty resonable.  We are have our rehersal dinner at the Mahaffie House in Olathe (it is an old farmstead), it is pretty inexpensive and you can bring in your own caterer and beverages.  It holds up to 150 people.  I also visted the Terrace on the Green in Leawood, they are really nice.  I also would check with the Ball Conference Center in Olathe (that holds up to 300 people) so it might be too big.  HTH

Maiya

• edited December 2011

Thanks Ladies, like you said it was harder to get a venue on short notice on the KS side.  I did find an openning at the Loose Mansion for the date I was looking for and I'm going for it! 

Thanks for all your inputs!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards