Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Not a "partier" HELP

My fiance and I have been going to a lot of weddings lately, and he has expressed a deep hatred for the traditional loud music, alcholic craziness and just all around "party" feel. We are having an outdoor wedding in Northwest Indiana and for the life of me I just cannot figure out something that appeals to the both of us to make our reception different and more "us". Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thank you!

Re: Not a "partier" HELP

• Options
    We aren't "partiers" either and still had a blast at our own wedding.  We skipped a lot of the extra stuff (kept toasts to a minimum, didn't do bouquet/garter tosses, no cake cutting), and had a shorter period of dancing, but it was still a blast.

If you don't want dancing, then maybe you could do a backyard bbq reception, or even a cocktail reception?  You could do dessert only, cake and punch...there are lots of options that don't involve "partying."
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We are not partiers either.  We had a dry wedding and did have dancing, but it was very fun and family friendly, not at all like some receptions that have more of a dance club vibe.
  • Options
    Our wedding sounds similar to Avion.  We had nice dance music, but it wasn't club music or super loud, we didn't do cake cutting, the tosses, or lots of toasts.  We had an open bar, but it was afternoon and the venue did not allow shots, and I think most people enjoyed without going overboard.  If you want to have some dancing, be clear with your DJ/bandleader what sort of atmosphere you want.
  • Options
    Ks358Ks358 member
    First Comment
    Thanks everyone! It has definitely helped a lot!
  • Options
    Have you considered doing a brunch wedding or an afternoon?  That way the stigma isn't there as far as dancing and drinking (evening weddings).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards