Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Who is walking you down the aisle?

I have a dad and step-dad and am not sure what to do. Am thinking one of three options:
1. Dad walks me 1/2 way then stepdad walks me the rest of the way
2. Just my mom and dad walk me, steps will be seated
3. Both dad's walk me

I'm leaning towards #3, especially since I'll be able to make the aisle wider to accomodate all three of us.

Thoughts?

What are you doing?

Re: Who is walking you down the aisle?

• Options
    I agree with #3.

I'm walking down the aisle by myself.  I'm 30 years old, I've been living with FI for 4 years, and I'm not that close with my dad, although we do have a relationship.  I haven't talked to him about this specifically, so I hope he isn't hurt.  My sister didn't have him walk her down the aisle, either :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It sounds like you're close with your step dad, so I'd probably go with number 3 if I were you.  
    I'm having both my mom and dad walk me down the aisle. My parents have been divorced for 8 years, and I'm a lot closer to my mom then my dad.  My mom brought it up to me that she'd like to walk me also.  I just asked my dad last week if he would mind if they both did it and I think he was surprised, but he said he would do anything I wanted.   
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    To ms.n:
    I don't know if it's my place but thought i would share...

My mums dad was a drunk and my mum really didn't even want him there.  He showed up and made her feel guilty so to make things drama free she let him walk her down.  To this day she says it's the one thing she regrets most.  If you want your dad walking you, then cool, but if you don't, then don't! Just walk by yourself.

For the initial question, personally I would just have my dad walk me, but i'm traditional that way.  If I were in a dad's position, I would be hurt if another man was given the responsibility along with me (assuming you're close with your dad)

Each situation is different though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

you should do #3.  I think they would both be happy.

Otherwise if you don't want to hurt anyone, then you can walk down by yourself. that is what I did

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_walking-down-aisle-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:e0930117-3440-456d-a29b-c4305c3c1549Post:6055eca1-097f-4063-813a-f6180f97e577">Re: Who is walking you down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think as long as both dads are cool with it, do #3.  Some people have had some drama in the past where one parent didn't like having to share the aisle, so be prepared for some weird reactions.  Hopefully they'll both be happy to be counted as that important in your life.
    Posted by Kahtie41[/QUOTE]

This! Sounds like a touchy situation :/ Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards