Ohio-Cleveland

Candy Buffetts...

Anyone have a candy buffett recently?? I know they might be overdone but I absolutely LOVE candy and had always imagined having one.  Does anyone know of any places to get bulk unwrapped candy at a not so expensive price?? I have been to BA Sweeties but they seem to have more wrapped candy.  Anyone know or have any cool glass jars to put the candy in as well?? If you have jars and are willing to sell I would be happy to take them off your hands.

Re: Candy Buffetts...

• edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I dont have any good ideas for you because the only place I know of is BA Sweeties, but I was wondering if you are having kids at your reception ? I really like the candy buffet idea and would like to do that, but we do not have many kids in our families, so do you think adults would enjoy it or would it be a waste of time ? I am curious as to your opinion, because I also have such a sweet tooth but im not sure about everyone else. Thanks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking specifically for bulk candy, make a trip to Mr. Bulky's in Cuyahoga Falls. B.A. Sweeties does carry bulk candies in the area of the store near the cashier counter. What kind of candy are you searching for? You can also just buy lots of bags of candy (Hershey kisses, fun size candy bars, wrapped candies of all kinds) from Marc's or grocery stores.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • freesia12freesia12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    to Kelli7025 we are not having any kids at the wedding except for the four that are in the bridal party...i did mention it to a few of my friends and they loved the idea...so to me i think adults would like it too..i guess youd be surpirsed to find what adults like given the opportunity
  • edited December 2011
    I am having a huge desert spread and adding in dishes of candy.  I saw this picture online and love the idea on these large martini and wine glasses for candy.  (I found some at Micheals)
    A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.
  • edited December 2011
    I just did a very long search for candy, and the best that I found (if you are ok buying online) is www.candy.com. They have their candy sorted by color, which I loved since I only want my wedding colors, and they have the largest selection I have seen so far. The prices seemed pretty decent to me. The candy sticks that I am interested in are $14 for a pack of 80. That sounded good to me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend trying Mr. Bulky's in Cuyahoga Falls.  I purchased the candy for a friend's baby shower table I did from them.  There was a specific type of salt water taffy I wanted that they didn't carry (watermelon) and they ordered it for me.  I didn't have to pay shipping on the candy and I only purchased what I needed.  They didn't mind because they were able to sell the rest in the store.  So, even if they don't have what you are looking for they may be able to order it for you.
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin did a candy buffet with all things from Sweeties... she had alot of chocolate, but some other colorful things too.  It was a HUGE hit, and there were very few kids there.  Everyone loves candy!  She had little chinese takeout style boxes at everyones seat, then you could go up to the buffet and fill it with whatever you would like.  I also believe that if you go to Sweeties and find something you want that isn't already sold in bulk that they will take your order and package it bulk for you.  Also ask for a wholesale discount if you are planning on buying alot, they might work with you that way on the price.
  • edited December 2011
    I just did a candy bar at my wedding and i got all my bulk unwrapped candy from BA Sweetie! i had no issues finding exactly what i wanted, and i found it to be cheaper in the store then the prices they offer online! and since we bought so much (we actually over bought) we got a different bulk price! So i'd look there again.. we found all the candy we need in the back of the store, everything from sour patch kids, hot tamales, runts, rock candy, laffy taffy, Swedish fish, etc.

and I also only had a handful of kids at my wedding and the adults LOVED it!! Not to mention I'm a huge candy addict and I now have leftovers at our house that will last me forever! I don't mind :)
  • saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There's a website called candywarehouse.com (I think that's it - google it to be sure).  They have such a huge selection and some really fun and unique candy too! 

PS - I just sold my 60 piece candy buffet on craigslist, but I got a lot of my apothecary jars at marshalls and tj maxx!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • freesia12freesia12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_candy-buffetts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:228fb745-3fc1-4bb6-9705-b21f6fbe4cacPost:c0f4d59c-c98c-405a-b9a9-04430ea64b40">Re: Candy Buffetts...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just did a candy bar at my wedding and i got all my bulk unwrapped candy from BA Sweetie! i had no issues finding exactly what i wanted, and i found it to be cheaper in the store then the prices they offer online! and since we bought so much (we actually over bought) we got a different bulk price! So i'd look there again.. we found all the candy we need in the back of the store, everything from sour patch kids, hot tamales, runts, rock candy, laffy taffy, Swedish fish, etc. and I also only had a handful of kids at my wedding and the adults LOVED it!! Not to mention I'm a huge candy addict and I now have leftovers at our house that will last me forever! I don't mind :)
    Posted by flashbgsu24[/QUOTE]

Did BA Sweeties have rock candy on a stick?? I'm most concerned about that
  • edited December 2011
    We just had a Candy Buffet at our wedding and our guest simply LOVED it!! We got our candies in bulk online at candywearhouse.com. The most difficult part was deciding wich candy, wich color and the qty. We got way to much (70lb) and we are now selling our jars, spoons, tongs and leftovers. We handled them with care, washing hands and putting them in ziploc to keep freshness. Half of the candy actually stayed in their original bags without being displayed... Our scheme colors were red, black and silver.

If you could be interested, let me know! We are in Columbus, but we travel to Cleveland very often.

The link to our photo gallery is http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb108/hexagone/Hollywood%20Wedding/

You can contact me at genevieve_lefebvre@hotmail.com

Have a nice day!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi again,

I just wanted to give you more info about our candy jars. We have 13 jars : 1 small fish bowl, 1 ballon shape, 1 large margarita glass, 1 large whiskey glass, 1 large cocktail glass, 3 large cylinders, 2 cruved cylinders, 1 low cylinder, 1 low platter flat side, 1 low platter curved side. With the purchase of the jars, we give our 2 tongs, 6 scoops and 30 plastic bags for candy (that's a start!).

You will find the pics online (see link in previous post) but I have one with candy in it :

Good luck with your planning!
  • For glass bowls and vases try deals-stores.com they sell in bulk and most of it is a dollar a piece.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards