Ohio-Cleveland

Blue Heron in Medina CLOSING?

I looked at Blue Heron for a possible reception venue earlier this year, I was going to call them back and get more information but I heard that they cancelled all of their weddings for next year and were closing?  Does anyone know if they really are closing?  It was beautiful when I looked at it, it really upsets me!

Re: Blue Heron in Medina CLOSING?

• edited December 2011
    I"ll ask my aunt she lives in Blue Heron. I haven't heard of anything. i also have the email address of the coordinator if you would like it. Let me know.
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • junebuckeyejunebuckeye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I'm getting married at Blue Herron in June (contract signed, deposit made, vendors going to Blue Herron). I heard the rumor too so my parents stopped up to talk to our coordinator since she didn't answer her phone. The owners are trying to sell, but nothing is being cancelled. The head coordinator seems to think the amount of weddings they have planned with help their selling.
  • edited December 2011
    There was a wedding there yesterday. I know they've been having problem with not having enough staffing for the weddings.
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OK!  I'll look into it!  Thanks so much!  I am just nervous about going ahead with anything!  Keep me updated if you hear anything, and I'll do the same!
  • Had my wedding there in October, spoke with wedding coordinator today and didn't mention anything.  She is in the process of updating their wedding website.  Beautiful venue, so many places to have pictures taken.  Loved my experience at the Blue Heron.  Wedding day was perfect.
  • My fiance and I booked Blue Heron for next year and put a deposit down.  Two weeks later we heard the rumors also.  I addressed this with the banquet coodinator and she said they are looking for a buyer for the golf course only.  I'm hoping they find someone quick as part of the deal was the taking pictures on the golf course.  Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards