Not Engaged Yet

I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)

I just wanted to say hello =) 

I filled out a little bio thing under getting to know you. I used to go on the knot a while time when I had cable and would watch Whose Wedding is it Anyways and such. But then I got more into school, activities, the roommates and I couldn't afford cable tv, and basically other life stuff. 

I am a senior at UCSD now and the BF and I are starting to talk more seriously about our future which is why I've started lurking around the knot again. I'll probably be on and off between midterms and finals so I just wanted to say Hi!
Visit The Knot!PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)

• polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

Please explain your penis cake button.

I like penis. And I like cake.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:20ca3c83-4b44-4e8f-8c47-4bdee7e3d03c">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Please explain your penis cake button.<strong> I like penis. And I like cake.</strong>
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

Ha!  What else is there to know?

OP, I think we're going to need to see a picture of your cat.
  • sawahleeesawahleee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     There used to be a poster named Button (and some numbers me thinks) and she would make a TON of buttons. I thought penis cake was funny because I am very childish and easily amused =)
    edited December 2011
    I love my Kitty!! I am a dog person too.. actually I am an ALL baby animals person to be honest. Except pigeons. I've google imaged baby pigeons and they are gross. 

This is Kitty <3 .. I got him exactly around the time boyfriend and I started dating. In fact, boyfriend thinks I love my cat more than him.. to be honest, it's probably the same. 
    edited December 2011
    Awww, Kitty is cute.  One of my three cats has an equally creative name.  It's "Little Kitty".  Here he is.  He likes his drinks shaken, not stirred.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:6bbeab1d-15be-4f98-812b-190146960c35">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>There used to be a poster named Button</strong> (and some numbers me thinks) and she would make a TON of buttons. I thought penis cake was funny because I am very childish and easily amused =)
    Posted by sawahleee[/QUOTE]

I miss Button :( She was one funny lady!

and hello new person!

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    Your kitty is adorable, Sawahleee! Your kitty is cute, too, Elle! I had a cat that once stole a drink of scotch out of my mom's glass.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello welcome, your cat is adorable.

elle your cat is funny, is that really liquor in the martini glass?

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:22b9d686-e276-4ddf-9557-58369d079e55">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello welcome, your cat is adorable. elle your cat is funny, is that really liquor in the martini glass?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Haha, no, it's water.  I don't remember why I had a martini glass full of water on the counter, but I cracked up when I saw him drinking out of it.

I like that you can see his grey armpit fur in that picture.
  • edited December 2011
    Either way it's hysterical elle!

Anniversary

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:9b93cabd-38c6-42eb-b9a7-7588f4712cfb">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda) : Haha, no, it's water.  I don't remember why I had a martini glass full of water on the counter, but I cracked up when I saw him drinking out of it. I like that you can see his grey armpit fur in that picture.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Oh, then I guess I'm the only person with an alcoholic cat. Awkward.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Hi!  I thought you were my coworker for a second but then I realized that she is a junior.

Do you like HP and Cheese?

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    I love HP! (harry potter right?) and yes I am a big fan of cheese. All kinds (except swiss). My favorite cheese has to be mozzarella. 

Elle, your cat is adorable. My cat however would never do that. He is very strange and high maintenance. He will only eat cat food or real people food. I've bought him cat treats before and he thinks I'm poisoning him or something. When I put ice in his water (during the summer to cool it down), he won't drink it - but he'll drink from the toilet, go figure. 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:bc720187-377a-4d97-8f12-7868ff26b43e">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love HP! (harry potter right?) and yes I am a big fan of cheese. All kinds (except swiss). My favorite cheese has to be mozzarella.  Elle, your cat is adorable. My cat however would never do that.<strong> He is very strange and high maintenance.</strong> He will only eat cat food or real people food. I've bought him cat treats before and he thinks I'm poisoning him or something. When I put ice in his water (during the summer to cool it down), he won't drink it - but he'll drink from the toilet, go figure. 

The cat I used to have was like that. One time my mom was buying fish at the store and the lady asked if she wanted the fish head, when my mom asked why she would want it the lady said that cats love them. So my mom took the fish head and put it in my cat's food bowl. She was pissed, she just kept hissing at it and looking at us like WTF did you put in my bowl? Needless to say we never tried giving her a fish head again.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:20ca3c83-4b44-4e8f-8c47-4bdee7e3d03c">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Please explain your penis cake button. <strong>I like penis. And I like cake</strong>.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

<div>I seriously just spit water everywhere from laughing so hard.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Welcome to the board OP :)</div>
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Just thought I'd drop in and say "Hiya!"

Also, Elle, your cat is funny.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:c6101bcb-2133-4f43-ac16-9442e6fba53f">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda) : The cat I used to have was like that. One time my mom was buying fish at the store and the lady asked if she wanted the fish head, when my mom asked why she would want it the lady said that cats love them. So my mom took the fish head and put it in my cat's food bowl.<strong> She was pissed, she just kept hissing at it and looking at us like WTF did you put in my bowl?</strong> Needless to say we never tried giving her a fish head again.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>That's hilarious. I literally LOL'd</div>
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heart Button.  She was the first knottie I met IRL <3

Welcome, new(ish?) kid.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    hello!  nice to meet you!

cute pic, Elle!  :)
  • doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice to meet you Sawahlee!  Your kitty is super cute and we have alot in common because I like penis and cake too! lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-newbie-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88a676cc-6481-4d68-a363-800651f03bb4Post:6bbeab1d-15be-4f98-812b-190146960c35">Re: I'm a Newbie! (Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE] There used to be a poster named Button (and some numbers me thinks) and she would make a TON of buttons. I thought penis cake was funny <strong>because I am very childish and easily amused =)</strong>
    i think we are gonna get along just fine.:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kellyt89kellyt89 member
    edited December 2011
    OP and Elle, your cats are so cute!! Elle, that picture could definitely be an LOLcat if you added a caption to it, that cracked me up!
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards