Military Brides

Yes

Yes FI and I are getting married in Nov. We are having a small ceremony for just family. I don't care if you don't approve. I want my grandfather there at my wedding. I'm not going to wait another 3 years just to be older. You can give your negative input if you must but FI and I are doing it. 
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: Yes

• edited December 2011
    Congrats, hope to see pictures when you come back married.
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're hiring a photographer so there will be a ton of pictures
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

Well, MY FI just popped a pimple on the back of my neck, and I don't care if YOU approve of THAT! So there!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:cbce1999-6f98-42ca-9187-cdfedd7d032f">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, MY FI just popped a pimple on the back of my neck, and I don't care if YOU approve of THAT! So there!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]
    Why wouldn't I approve? Its not my body I don't care what your FI does. I'm a picker so I pick at FI's pimples
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good luck. I'm not saying that to be mean. It's not about waiting *just* so you're older. There are things that go with being older that are important. Like having a fully developed brain. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52687-2005Jan31.html . You guys haven't been together very long, and you're so young. I think your grandfather would be heartbroken if he knew that there was a decent chance that because you're rushing now, you're going to hurt so much more later. I was you at 19. I got married at 20. I was even on TK and people were hard on me. I don't regret my marriage per se, because it helped me become who I am, but it also caused me a great deal of pain. Getting married after college, after I was 25, was so, so right. And we weren't forced to do it. Not by any issues, not by the Marine Corps, not because grandparents couldn't make it later. Some couldn't make it. It was sad, but they sent their love, and my deceased grandfathers sent it from Heaven, I know they did. I am so sad for you, but I truly wish you good luck.

I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:47fbbfab-738d-4900-befb-251d9ee47b45">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : Why wouldn't I approve? Its not my body<strong> I don't care what YOU OR your FI does.</strong> I'm a picker so I pick at FI's pimples
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]

Took the words right outta my mouth.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:f10817ca-144e-4a73-9732-76337da5a581">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck. I'm not saying that to be mean. It's not about waiting *just* so you're older. There are things that go with being older that are important. Like having a fully developed brain.  <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52687-2005Jan31.html">http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52687-2005Jan31.html</a> . You guys haven't been together very long, and you're so young. I think your grandfather would be heartbroken if he knew that there was a decent chance that because you're rushing now, you're going to hurt so much more later. I was you at 19. I got married at 20. I was even on TK and people were hard on me. I don't regret my marriage per se, because it helped me become who I am, but it also caused me a great deal of pain. Getting married after college, after I was 25, was so, so right. And we weren't forced to do it. Not by any issues, not by the Marine Corps, not because grandparents couldn't make it later. Some couldn't make it. It was sad, but they sent their love, and my deceased grandfathers sent it from Heaven, I know they did. I am so sad for you, but I truly wish you good luck.
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We aren't being forced in to it. We don't have the money to do a big party and FI would rather do a small wedding. So we are doing this with the people that matter and after FI commissions we are going to do a party and VR. It will give us time to save.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Clarify

</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:fb8113bc-0658-4855-90df-bfb9026edf4b">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : We aren't being forced in to it. We don't have the money to do a big party and FI would rather do a small wedding. So we are doing this with the people that matter an<strong>d after FI commissions we are going to do a party</strong>. It will give us time to save.

<div>Oh neat... you are doing a commissioning party?! ...And you are going to wear a big wedding dress...</div>
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:adce3f6d-b1ea-4dbb-aa76-1c2728d3d626">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : Oh neat... you are doing a commissioning party?! ...And you are going to wear a big wedding dress...
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    Its going to be a party to celebrate our marriage and him commission. Yes I am wearing a dress since it will be our VR
  • edited December 2011

So, why announce it here? When you know no one is going to think it's a good idea?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:c9bae87e-fe79-4668-bb68-86657ac557c4">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, why announce it here? When you know no one is going to think it's a good idea?
    I'm gonna get flamed either way. I just don't want people to think I'm being sneaky
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:525be21a-5c52-45a8-85d7-d0fa6e230121">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I'm gonna get flamed either way. I just don't want people to think I'm being sneaky
    I still don't get why an announcement needed to be made. If you never brought it up, no one would ever know... I could be married RIGHT NOW and no one would know. (I'm not, FTR.)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:80eeac94-0f39-4bf5-8d6b-5f840d399362">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I still don't get why an announcement needed to be made. If you never brought it up, no one would ever know... I could be married RIGHT NOW and no one would know. (I'm not, FTR.)
    Because I wouldn't hide my marriage. Nor would I hide the fact that I was married and at some point I'm going to be renewing my vows
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    edited December 2011
    Big plans. I try not to say when I commission. I try to say if. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Kendall the point is, if you don't care what we think and whether or not we approve, you wouldn't post this. You wouldn't even post on here in the first place. This post was just to get attention. It's like you feed off of the negative energy of people and I just don't understand that. I have never been snarky towards you like you feel some of the other ladies have been; and in fact I often stick up for you, but I'm telling you straight that this was an AW moment for you. Get over yourself. It's time to grow up.
  • edited December 2011
    man - go go to do some homework and babysit and come back -

I'm happy for you. weddings are always supposed to be good and it is supposed to be a joyous time. Like FTL said I haven't been in the middle of this persay because I wasn't around for the drama - yay moving, but if you don't want the comments you shouldn't post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion including you, and CAB and Wish have a right to that as well. No one is accusing you of hiding your marriage and you started off this whole convo with "I don't care if you don't approve"  or "Yes" as the header of the thread. did I ask a question and forget? call it like it is instead of the baiting. It isn't needed if you wanted an AW moment just tell us you decided to get married have a small ceremony. The reasons are your own not ours so why try and justify your actions before we are even involved. What you do is between you and your Fi and you are putting yourself in these confrontational situations whether you realise it or not. It has nothing to do with age - that's a number. This is something else because honestly I could have gotten married at your age. Fi met when i was 20 and looking back we both knew, I'm not that much older then you and I'm not judging your choices on your marriage, just the need to cause drama for whatever reason.

For example Fi and I have decided to wait until 2013 to get married. It is done unless ...omg!! we change our minds!! Don't think we will and we are happy with our choices regardless. If i would have come home from helping FI PCS and posted sooo girls I got married spur of the moment the family was there it was great weather and we said fudge it do you think it would have mattered what anyone said to me. As it is we are waiting for FI to finish his program, me finishing mine getting re stationed, saving money, but guess what no one but me FI and my family really care about that (no offence ladies going for a point here) everyone has been nice and supportive but really? and that goes for all of us not just you not just me. If you don't want to wait don't no one cares about that but you. If you want to never get married that's between the two of you, and if you hold a séance to have past relatives with you at your wedding on a pier on Guam no one cares but you and your Fi. Just like you don't care if I have my wedding set up like the amazing race and give fake invites to some people and good ones to others to only have the cool people at the actual wedding and make everyone else watch it on a tv on the other side of the atlantic. (granted that is still my favorite idea for personal reasons)

Edit: I can't flipping spell
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your last idea is really cool

And I would love to be doing HW right now
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm piggy backing off of FTL. Lots of people AW on the knot and it's okay but it also opens you up. So if you are cool with people voicing opinions, AW away. Saying, "if you only kne what was happening next. PM me if you want to know" and then starting a thread definitely opens oneself up to opinions. I still don't agree with getting married young so I don't really understand where you are coming from and probably never will but I hope you enjoy your day. You have said your parents don't support you. Will they be there or just your grandfather? One thing I can sympathize with is your grandfather being there. I probably would have pushed up my date if grand pap was sick but I'm also 29 so there's that.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Kendall, I wish you could come hang out with some other military couples a lot longer and see how many are divorced now, or will say they wished they waited. What do you think makes you sooo special that you're "different" from the other couples. I know you say you do, but honestly, I don't think you get it. I hope you do get it, and I hope it works out for you, but I think you are making your life a lot harder than it needs to be. I understand wanting you grandpa there, but at the same time, wouldn't your grandpa want to be focused on school and getting your own career instead of rushing to get married? You have all these "grand" plans (FI commissioning, VR, etc), yet whats your back up plan? What if you and FI do get divorced in a year? How will you take care of yourself, where will you live? what if he doesn't commission, what's your plan then? 
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish you the honest to gosh best.  I hope you have a long and happy marriage, and that you both grow together into the adults you are meant to be and create a fulfilling and lasting relationship.  I really truly do.

That said, like the other girls you know the general opinion on getting married at 19 years old.  There's so many reasons to wait, and not really any good reason to rush.  Now I'm done with the age thing (see ladies, I don't lecture toooooo much!)

On the flip side, what the heck do you expect from us?  You post you're getting married in a rush, then in 2012, then in 2013 - which is for CERTAIN *cough* - and now you're getting married in November.  If you change your mind so much on this, does that really bode well for your ability to stay true to one relationship for years to come?

You're that girl who posts annoying passive-aggressive messages like "You don't know what's about to happen" is clearly wanting people to guess and talk about it.  Why not... just not mention it?  It's not 'sneaky' to just not tell people who don't even really like you what you're doing - it's called keeping your personal life personal.  And then a few days later you post, "Look at me!  I'm getting married, even though I know it's a bad idea.  Neh neh nahhhh!"  Um... okay?  Great?  Congrats?  Good luck?

More to the point: whatever.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:b712e073-136c-4fa8-ad7b-66276f94e62d">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall, I wish you could come hang out with some other military couples a lot longer and see how many are divorced now, or will say they wished they waited. What do you think makes you sooo special that you're "different" from the other couples. I know you say you do, but honestly, I don't think you get it. I hope you do get it, and I hope it works out for you, but I think you are making your life a lot harder than it needs to be. I understand wanting you grandpa there, but at the same time, wouldn't your grandpa want to be focused on school and getting your own career instead of rushing to get married? You have all these "grand" plans (FI commissioning, VR, etc), yet whats your back up plan? What if you and FI do get divorced in a year? How will you take care of yourself, where will you live? what if he doesn't commission, what's your plan then? 
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

I could not have said it better myself. 
    edited December 2011

Good luck in your marriage and wedding. I honestly hope you prove us all wrong. I promise I am a nice person…and I feel bad that everyone is attacking you.

But, your immaturity gets on my nerves. Age doesn’t matter to be honest, but maturity is vital for a successful marriage. You aren’t listening to anything we say and I assume once your family doesn’t agree with it you aren’t listening to anything they say either. You still think you know everything, It is okay I was the same way when I was in high school. I out grew it when I was at my lowest low after a series of events that could have be prevented if I had listened to people.  I think some of us just want to save you some of the mistakes we all made. But, I suppose everyone needs to live their own life and make their own mistakes.  

Photobucket
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Well....  Good luck and congrats, Kendall.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents were not supportive when we wanted to get married last January. My parents a fully supportive now. 

I don't think I know everything. I've listened to what you guys have to say. If I hadn't I wouldn't be back on BC. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:b712e073-136c-4fa8-ad7b-66276f94e62d">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall, I wish you could come hang out with some other military couples a lot longer and see how many are divorced now, or will say they wished they waited. What do you think makes you sooo special that you're "different" from the other couples. I know you say you do, but honestly, I don't think you get it. I hope you do get it, and I hope it works out for you, but I think you are making your life a lot harder than it needs to be. I understand wanting you grandpa there, but at the same time, wouldn't your grandpa want to be focused on school and getting your own career instead of rushing to get married? You have all these "grand" plans (FI commissioning, VR, etc), yet whats your back up plan? What if you and FI do get divorced in a year? How will you take care of yourself, where will you live? what if he doesn't commission, what's your plan then? 
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would love to be focused on school. I can't afford to go back to school right now. </div><div>
    </div><div>Our back up plan. FI will go and AGR if he cannot commission. Or he will be going and using his degree. </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:78f8bdb1-2491-4e25-be1f-a7bd66ef9f5e">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I would love to be focused on school. I can't afford to go back to school right now.  Our back up plan. FI will go and AGR if he cannot commission. Or he will be going and using his degree. 

You still don't make sense. So you can't afford school, I get that, so your next logical step is "Hey getting married sounds like a great idea since I can't afford an education". Again, and if you divorce, how will you support yourself, especially since you can't even afford school?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:ae7b69c0-6389-4840-8578-bf4f21439a0f">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : You still don't make sense. So you can't afford school, I get that, so your next logical step is "Hey getting married sounds like a great idea since I can't afford an education". Again, and if you divorce, how will you support yourself, especially since you can't even afford school?
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    I have 3k in school debt I have to pay off before I can go back. I'm not like everyone else. I'm not running out and getting a loan. Or using mommy and daddy's money to pay for school. As soon as it is paid off I will be going back to school
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:bf2f0b82-38a7-4164-981f-c332225db6cf">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents were not supportive when we wanted to get married last January. My parents a fully supportive now.  I don't think I know everything. I've listened to what you guys have to say. If I hadn't I wouldn't be back on BC. 

<div>That's funny, because a few days ago you said that your parents don't support you getting married.  So either you're a horrible liar who can't keep her lies straight, or your parents are just as wishy-washy as you.  </div><div>
    I just do not at all understand why you come around here.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards